X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dieselboy
    replied
    Dont you guys put white spirit in the tank? Some people use a little bit of petrol but I've not tried it personally.
    My 2.4 used to leak when I used more than 50% veg on the second fill up. So, Whenever I filled it up I used to stick 1 litre of cheap white spirit or two, and it never ever leaked at all after that.

Leave a comment:

• daz4565
    replied
    as a matter of interest Jeff when u discovered a leak...where under the engine bay was it comming from cos today i got a leak! and it smells of veg oil! not good but getting it repaired soon....i reckon though the veg oil cleared the gunk of 16 years of diesel build up and junk on the seals....will continue using veg oil though when repaired...not giving up yet !

Leave a comment:

• jeff.fn02jwa
    replied
    Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    soup n a big pot to

Leave a comment:

• dieselboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jeff.fn02jwa
    replied
    hi all i ran my 94 2.4 on 27.5 ltrs veg to 27.5 ltrs derv it went well for around 4weeks and then the seals started to leek on the top of the derv pump it was just a tenner or so for the seal kit from milliner off road i was lucky it was just the top seal and not the seals that is on the in side of the pump beside the bloke as it would end up having to remove the pump to get the leek sorted and that's how i went back to running on derv

Leave a comment:

• daz4565
    replied
    Veg Oil

Hi all
    Just thought i would post my experience here seeing as i did most of my research on this site.....Many thanks to all for sound advice...
    I own a 1995 Surf 3 litre Turbo and have been using SVO (20 L drums from Makro ...KTC Genetically Modifies Soya) and although truck smells like a chippy it runs very well indeed with no loss of power at all, I use my surf daily for my work towing a 15ft Box trailer full of tools and machinery quite happily.
    Started about 7 weeks ago now , starting on only 10% veg rest diesel, several weeks on i am now running 75% Veg oil, and when the fuel price hikes up to 120p+ i will be running on 90% veg oil....heck of a lot cheaper at 71p per litre ...... still use diesel though to thin the veg oil down....not had guts to use the petrol or ATF fluid yet!
    Keeping my records straight too, we can use 2500 litres per year before we have to pay Fuel Tax so keeping basic records is all thats needed at moment.
    I hope this helps everyone who is thinking of using the veg oil.
    Happy Motoring all
    Darren

Leave a comment:

• pauly
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul G View Post
    Veg is the way forward then!
    lol it seems that way mate as long as u mix diesel with sence its ok ie. when its cold more diesel u cant lose mate and with owning a surf u need to save cash to run it pmsl
    all the best
    paul

Leave a comment:

• Paul G
    replied
    Veg is the way forward then!

Leave a comment:

• pauly
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul G View Post
    Right guys I'been up all night and have read all 41 pages, those of you that have been useing veg/bio or whatever since 2005, have any of you had any serious prob's with your Trucks that could be related to useing said fuel, cheers Paul
    ive been running all my diesel vehicles on the veg oil with no probs its brill on my surf and its a little better on mph but not really all that much maybe 25-30 extra on a tank!!

Leave a comment:

• rbaz
    replied
    Originally posted by fatfires View Post
    I believe you can get bio diesel in France, I would use the veg and if anything is said tell them you are using Bio, I understand that there are no markers used in any Bio (or tell them you filled up when in UK)
    Excellent idea thanks

Leave a comment:

• fatfires
    replied
    Originally posted by rbaz View Post
    I can get a small amount of new veg oil for nothing during the summer. As far as I know the French dont allow you to run on it so having a smell could be a problem.
    I believe you can get bio diesel in France, I would use the veg and if anything is said tell them you are using Bio, I understand that there are no markers used in any Bio (or tell them you filled up when in UK)

Leave a comment:

• Paul G
    replied
    Sorry I just remembered Morr started useing veg in 2003, is his Truck still running with no probs?

Leave a comment:

• Paul G
    replied
    Right guys I'been up all night and have read all 41 pages, those of you that have been useing veg/bio or whatever since 2005, have any of you had any serious prob's with your Trucks that could be related to useing said fuel, cheers Paul

Leave a comment:

• rbaz
    replied
    Originally posted by fatfires View Post
    Probably, but why small amounts and why veg in france, when I have compared prices on visits it is just as cheap if not cheaper to use diesel!
    I can get a small amount of new veg oil for nothing during the summer. As far as I know the French dont allow you to run on it so having a smell could be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• fatfires
    replied
    Originally posted by rbaz View Post
    If you put fresh clean veg oil in the tank in fairly small amounts 5-6 liters a tank will you be able to smell it?
    Probably, but why small amounts and why veg in france, when I have compared prices on visits it is just as cheap if not cheaper to use diesel!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X