Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I phoned HMCE and they wouldn't send me the guidance notes for the EX 103 as they were 'updating them'!
    I found some info on here last week about how to complete the form but now I look again I cant seem to find it.
    Can anyone tell me where to find the thread about what wording etc to use on the EX103?

Muchos gracias
    Rica....clearly useless at searching :-(

Comment

I phoned them as well today but just asked for the form which is on its way. SO i chucked in 9 ltrs of SVO ( straight veggie oil) and began to stink up the town Just going to keep records until the forms get here that way if I get stopped I got a good chance to blag the orficers

I'm now looking into finding or making a seperate tank to fit on the opposite side of my exsisting tank for SVO and knocking up some sort of electronic valve to switch between the 2 tanks. Plus the possibilites of warming the new tank with coolant from the engine. About time i had something to tinker with.

Comment

Well - after much debate and research - i've finally taken the svo plunge.
        I've ran a couple of tankfulls of 50/50 svo-dino with no problems whatsoever - even after a couple of cooler morning starts.
        I've just rang C&E to register myself as a user, and i'm expecting the forms and info by post in a couple of days.
        One thing mrs C&E wifey said that did alarm me was that i'd be paying 53.7 pence per litre duty - where i was expecting 27.1 p/l or at worst 47.1 p/l.
        I hope she has got her maths wrong and all will come out in the wash so to speak!!!
        Or is this the new duty levied on svo user in an act to discourage svo use??
        As i will only be using 5% svo (honest !!) the duty paid will only be a small amount!!!

I've also found that the steel 20 litre svo drums when empty and cut down to half the height - make ideal waste oil catchers when changing engine oil- big enough to take all 7litres+ of waste oil in one go!!
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Im watching this subject closey, I too am 'experimenting' with 20 litres per tank currently. Also bookmarking and plan to have a mass reading session on where to go next.

Surf is running great so far with no detectable problems and I honestly believe she is a little quieter and smoother - or am I just imagining this?

Although I too was under the impression the duty was 27 odd pence?

Rgds

Ant
          1996 SSR-G 3.0 TD Intercooler
          Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

I've been running on just over 80% svo as its still warm down here and I must say shes a little pokey on it no probs so far.........

Got my EX103 form today its a little confusing will report back when Ive sussed it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk_UK

Got my EX103 form today its a little confusing will report back when Ive sussed it out.
              I think one of the Phillip's on this site once asked someone to send a scanned copy of the ex103 so he could advise on how to complete it correctly. i remember reading the thread in which he said he'd lost his own copy.
              Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Tax !!

Just spoke to HMRC and the nice lady is sending me the EX103 , she informs me the current rate of tax is 28.32 pence per litre.
                So my mate recovers veg oil and will sell it to me for 10p/l i then have to clean it , bit of a bother but worth it when you think part of my fuel bill will be 38.32 pence per litre. When at the pumps in Kent we are seeing some at 104 pence. BIG SAVING.

I have been advised that running a coolant pipe around the fuel filter will help me to run at 50% to 70% mix ! Any advice on this ?

Also the page to read is .....

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...HMCE_CL_000205

And this .....

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...CE_PROD_009002

Cheers All
                Simon
                Last edited by bigfoot99; 13 September 2005, 17:08.
                Congratulations Breed Request's

Comment

I still don't completely understand all this, but I suppose I will eventually.
                  It's a darn shame that vehicle manufacturers are resorting to hydrogen fuel, when it in fact does not work.

Hydrogen has loads of problems when it come's to using i as fuel.

1. Hydrogen, being the simplest element, will leak from any container, no matter how well seeled.
                  2. It will rot away at the surface of the fuel tank and fuel lines and system because of the same reason above.
                  3. To make hydrogen usable as fuel, it has to undergo a process which requires a great deal of energy to make the hydrogen useable. To produce enough energy to run this process, the only way is to burn fossil fuels, which in turn does not reduce greenhouse gasses.
                  4. So far, demonstrations of hydrogen-powered cars have relied upon compressed hydrogen, which is highly explosive.

There are many other reasons, but these are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Over here in Aus, fuel prices are climbing worryingly. Once, the average was 90c per litre, now, the average is AUD$1.20. And it's going to keep rising.

Veg oil would be great, if someone researched it scientifically, and proved it's worth. I have read many a praising post about veg oil, and am even considering it myself.

Does anyone know of any 6 cylinder Diesel engines ?

Comment

Originally posted by Un_discovered
                    Does anyone know of any 6 cylinder Diesel engines ?
                    VAG groupe (volkswagen, audi etc) Do a 2.5L V6 diesel

BMW do a striaght 6 3 litre diesel.

My dad had an Audi A6 quattro with the 2.5 litre V6 TDi engine. It was chipped and produced 212bhp and 360lb/ft torque. It purred like a kitten. Super smooth...
                    The right to bear arms...only slightly more ridicu

Comment

Originally posted by Un_discovered
                      I still don't completely understand all this, but I suppose I will eventually.
                      You're right, you don't.
                      It's a darn shame that vehicle manufacturers are resorting to hydrogen fuel, when it in fact does not work.
                      You mean, the same way that LPG as a fuel doesn't work? Hydrogen is a flammable gas, like LPG, albeit with a lower specific energy content, but works in the same manner, and doesn't give any CO2 or CO emissions, as the only combustion product is water.

Hydrogen has loads of problems when it comes to using it as fuel.

1. Hydrogen, being the simplest element, will leak from any container, no matter how well sealed.
                      It is a gas like any other - you can buy it from BOC by the lorryload. These cylinders do not leak, otherwise they would not get a safety certificate - and they ARE tested regularly.

2. It will rot away at the surface of the fuel tank and fuel lines and system because of the same reason above.
                      Wrong. Hydrogen does not exhibit many reactions with metals or carbon compounds at room temperature - it's not reactive enough. Yes, if you light it in the presence of oxygen, it will burn, but it won't react (under normal conditions) with plastics, rubbers, steel, aluminium zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. To make hydrogen usable as fuel, it has to undergo a process which requires a great deal of energy to make the hydrogen useable.
                      Hydrogen is already useable as a fuel. To produce hydrogen from, for example, water, requires the input of energy, in the form of electricity. (this one may be a little pedantic, but it never hurts to be accurate).

To produce enough energy to run this process, the only way is to burn fossil fuels, which in turn does not reduce greenhouse gases.
                      Hydroelectric power? Wind farms? Tidal generation? Geothermal generation? Nuclear power? Sorry to be pedantic again, but this sort of petitio principii argument gets right up my nose

4. So far, demonstrations of hydrogen-powered cars have relied upon compressed hydrogen, which is highly explosive.
                      [sigh] Pay attention at the back, there may be questions later.

1. Hydrogen gas contains NO oxidising agent, therefore will NOT explode or even burn unless mixed with one.
                      2. Hydrogen is explosive when mixed with an oxidising agent (e.g. air) in the correct proportions.
                      3. The level of compression is irrelevant to whether it will explode or not, only to the severity of that explosion. IIRC, burning becomes exploding when the speed of the flame-front exceeds the speed of sound, thus compressing the material ahead of the flame-front, and accelerating the burning.

Read the literature - try New Scientist rather than the Daily Mail

Oh, and George? Don't do that...
                      Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

i know a chap works for zf transmissions and he reckons fuel cell motors died the day george bush got the big job, before that it was The Next Big Thing as far as transport is concerned.. berlin still has huge coverage for refueling the things, and about 6 cars using the stuff...
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Ok so back to veg oil .....

lots of people are saying it sludges in cold weather , how about the old trick we used to do with diesel .........

10 gallons diesel + 1 gallon parafin

S
                          Congratulations Breed Request's

Comment

veg oil as fuel

I just want to tell you all to keep your eyes on your local LIDLE store, the one where i live (rhondda, south wales) had a sale on veg oil, it was just 9p per litre. They sold out within one day mind!!!, the car park was full of empty plastic bottles everyones at it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfoot99
                              Ok so back to veg oil .....

lots of people are saying it sludges in cold weather , how about the old trick we used to do with diesel .........

10 gallons diesel + 1 gallon parafin

S
                              or mix it with diesel?

and the hydrogen theing... being No.1 on the periodic table... doesn't that mean that it hardly reacts with anything?
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                                and the hydrogen theing... being No.1 on the periodic table... doesn't that mean that it hardly reacts with anything?
                                Nope. Reacts with all sorts of things. Don't tend to find many reactions in nature because you don't find gaseous hydrogen on Earth much at all! All locked up in water and hydrocarbons - note the name: bit of a giveaway there

Regards
                                Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
                                X