This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nero279
    did i miss something while i was away? Has it now been confirmed that if you use less than 2500l a year you don't need to register or pay duty?

also i remember reading before that some brands of veg oil did meet the 'fiscal definition' of biodiesel and some didn't, would this affect us now or has that been changed aswell? From what i've read we would still have to keep personal records of what we use for 6 years, but then i don't mind doing that if it means it's as simple as going to the cash and carry once a month and stocking up on 60l of veg at a time, and changing the fuel filter every couple of months.

Someone enlighten me!
    I posted a letter which states bio-fuel and fuel substitutes and i have been de-registered now also but you need to keep a record still for 6 years
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Originally posted by stormforce1067
      I posted a letter which states bio-fuel and fuel substitutes and i have been de-registered now also but you need to keep a record still for 6 years
      sorry missed that, found it now, thanks rich. Sounds like good news.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

sorry missed that, found it now, thanks rich. Sounds like good news.
        Very good news for Bookers lol . Im not gonna be gready tho. I will use the £9.78 stuff and some of the £13.50 rapeseed oil as well . Im running a 2-1 mix of oil and fuel and seems fine even tho im in Scotland
        Lean Green Veggie Machine

Comment

• Just bought 15l of tesco's own. 3l bottles are £1.75 so works out 58.3ppl, plus mum works there so she gets 10% staff discount, overall it comes out to 52.5ppl. I'll chuck that in with £25 of diesel for the first tank and build up the ratio over the next few fills. If i decide to stay veg i'll find somewhere to buy in bulk but for now supermarkets will do.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Just bought 15l of tesco's own. 3l bottles are £1.75 so works out 58.3ppl, plus mum works there so she gets 10% staff discount, overall it comes out to 52.5ppl. I'll chuck that in with £25 of diesel for the first tank and build up the ratio over the next few fills. If i decide to stay veg i'll find somewhere to buy in bulk but for now supermarkets will do.
            thats how i started now buy from makro cheapo
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

• Originally posted by pops
              thats how i started now buy from makro cheapo
              Do they do rapeseed at Makro Pops?

Comment

• Originally posted by MattF
                Do they do rapeseed at Makro Pops?
                i think they do never looked as always had veg myself
                Pops

Comment

i think they do never looked as always had veg myself
                  I should've known better........

Comment

I should've known better........
                    I'll look next visit OK
                    Pops

Comment

I'll look next visit OK
                      Cheers.

Comment

Just bought 15l of tesco's own. 3l bottles are £1.75 so works out 58.3ppl, plus mum works there so she gets 10% staff discount, overall it comes out to 52.5ppl. I'll chuck that in with £25 of diesel for the first tank and build up the ratio over the next few fills. If i decide to stay veg i'll find somewhere to buy in bulk but for now supermarkets will do.
                        tesco's do 15 litre drums £8.40 just bought two to go in my truck for monday
                        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

• Originally posted by joker??
                          tesco's do 15 litre drums £8.40 just bought two to go in my truck for monday
                          I've never yet seen these mythical, (round our way), Tesco's drums.

Comment

Brand new tesco extra opened round here and guess what ? no 15L drums lol
                            looks like Booker for me 20L £9.57 or if i feel flush 20L Rapeseed £13.47
                            :-)
                            Lean Green Veggie Machine

Comment

me neither, i'll try our other tesco's, it's a bigger store, but it must be all of a mile further than the one we normally use, so that'd be about 2 miles from home in all then.
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

hehe you are more than likely looking in the wrong place, in my tesco's they dont have it with the bottles of oil
                                the stupid idiots have put it by pasta @ rice etc
                                couldn't find it myself , then stumbed on it the other week[ no aint suing ]
                                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                                X