Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys!, sorry not been around but have been real busy...

anyway, not been using my WVO for a while as not been able to process it as its Gelled up... but i got a call from C&E, and it appears that if you get WVO and run it through a filter that is classed as bio deisel, and you only need to pay 27.1p per L duty....

hope this snippet is of use....

Stu
    http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by amethyst
      Hi guys!, sorry not been around but have been real busy...

anyway, not been using my WVO for a while as not been able to process it as its Gelled up... but i got a call from C&E, and it appears that if you get WVO and run it through a filter that is classed as bio deisel, and you only need to pay 27.1p per L duty....

hope this snippet is of use....

Stu
      Very useful thanks,

Do you think C&E do refunds if they find out you've paid the wrong rate?

. . . . sorry, for a moment there I was in an imaginary world where the government was honest . . . .

Does anyone know the ORR 33 code is for Waste Vegetable Oil on the HO 930 form?

I know Straight Vege oil is ORR 33 545, and there is a different one for BioDiesel, but what is the code for Waste Oil?

Thanks
      Dave
      Just Vegging Out

Comment

• Originally posted by Bludger
        Very useful thanks,

Do you think C&E do refunds if they find out you've paid the wrong rate?

. . . . sorry, for a moment there I was in an imaginary world where the government was honest . . . .

Does anyone know the ORR 33 code is for Waste Vegetable Oil on the HO 930 form?

I know Straight Vege oil is ORR 33 545, and there is a different one for BioDiesel, but what is the code for Waste Oil?

Thanks
        Dave
        My forms say the tax for bio is 28p. and the tax code 545 is for Unredated Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel (ULSD). It has 593 highlited for Sulphur free diesel which is the one used for diesel fuel substitutes. and code 589 for bio.

hope this is of some help.
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

• need help guys filling HO 930 form in .What goes in box accounting document number . i'm thinking my membership number but need to be sure.

also these ORR boxes , which 1 is for SVO, (im guessing orr 33541) and what duty do i pay , some are saying 28 ppl others saying 48 ppl - thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by internetsurfer
            need help guys filling HO 930 form in .What goes in box accounting document number . i'm thinking my membership number but need to be sure.

also these ORR boxes , which 1 is for SVO, (im guessing orr 33541) and what duty do i pay , some are saying 28 ppl others saying 48 ppl - thanks.
            I leave the Accounting Document Number blank and put my membership number in the Registration Number box.

The code for SVo is ORR 33545. Use the blank box at the bottom and write Straight vegetable Oil in the space provided. Remember to fill in every line though. If you haven't used any of the other types, then just put '00' for Qty and Duty.

Thats all there is to it. Remember the address has changed to:

HMRC
            FAO Account Dept
            Two Broadway
            Broad Street, Five Ways
            Birmingham
            B15 1BG
            Just Vegging Out

Comment

• how much should i be paying then 28 0r 48 ? , thanks for that help on the form.

Comment

• Originally posted by internetsurfer
                what duty do i pay , some are saying 28 ppl others saying 48 ppl - thanks.
                If you are using Straight Vegetable Oil out of a bottle from Tescos it is 48ppl

If you are producing Bio Diesel the rate is 28ppl

And if you are filtering Waste Vegetable Oil the rate is apparently 28p, but I am not 100% about this, so I have always used 48p. I am trying to find out for certain what the rate is, but C&E seem to say one thing, and then say the opposite the next day!! 48p covers your ar*e.
                Just Vegging Out

Comment

If you are using Straight Vegetable Oil out of a bottle from Tescos it is 48ppl

If you are producing Bio Diesel the rate is 28ppl

And if you are filtering Waste Vegetable Oil the rate is apparently 28p, but I am not 100% about this, so I have always used 48p. I am trying to find out for certain what the rate is, but C&E seem to say one thing, and then say the opposite the next day!! 48p covers your ar*e.
                  If you read this post:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...&postcount=207

Provided you can supply HMCE with the actual specs for the brand of SVO you use, to prove that it's within the definition of biofuel, (which all SVO should be), you get the lower rate.

Comment

I leave the Accounting Document Number blank and put my membership number in the Registration Number box.

The code for SVo is ORR 33545. Use the blank box at the bottom and write Straight vegetable Oil in the space provided. Remember to fill in every line though. If you haven't used any of the other types, then just put '00' for Qty and Duty.

Thats all there is to it. Remember the address has changed to:

HMRC
                    FAO Account Dept
                    Two Broadway
                    Broad Street, Five Ways
                    Birmingham
                    B15 1BG

NOT According to my Letter of 5th December (return to) :-

Mineral Oils Relief Centre,
                    Dobson House,
                    Regent Centre,
                    Newcastle,
                    NE3 3PF
                    Totally Now !!!!

Hope this Helps NOT......

There's always a Payback .... Your Confused & can't see it Comin !!!!
                    Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 27 February 2007, 15:01.
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

• I have just got off the phone with HMRC and they gave me a helpline number so i have spoken to them and it is down to the individual person to prove themselves that the svo meets or exceeds their specifications.So i will be writing a letter to the accounts dept in Birmingham with the ingredients of the veg oil i am using and how it is mixed and used and then see what they have to say about the lower rate of duty.
                      Unfortunately you cannot claim anything back from what you have paid in the past unless you can prove what oil you have been using etc.

If anyone wants the helpline number it is 08450 109000 and option 3

I will let you know what the outcome is once i get a reply.

Does anyone know the ingrediants for Tesco's Rapeseed oil by any chance just so i can let those thicko's know at hmrc

only joking b4 anyone nominates me

Also the helpline never knew that the accounts are now done at Birmingham so i have give them they're new address
                      Last edited by stormforce; 27 February 2007, 15:37.
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Originally posted by stormforce1067
                        Does anyone know the ingrediants for Tesco's Rapeseed oil by any chance just so i can let those thicko's know at hmrc
                        It's not so much a joke that one, though. Apparently, (I can vaguely remember the thread), the other chap had to get written confirmation of constituents from the SVO producers to send to HMCE.

Comment

I have just got off the phone with HMRC and they gave me a helpline number so i have spoken to them and it is down to the individual person to prove themselves that the svo meets or exceeds their specifications.So i will be writing a letter to the accounts dept in Birmingham with the ingredients of the veg oil i am using and how it is mixed and used and then see what they have to say about the lower rate of duty.
                          Unfortunately you cannot claim anything back from what you have paid in the past unless you can prove what oil you have been using etc.

If anyone wants the helpline number it is 08450 109000 and option 3

I will let you know what the outcome is once i get a reply.

only joking b4 anyone nominates me
                          Depending on the outcome, could you possibly post a copy of your letter up here so others can use a similar template?

PS. Anyone see Top Gear on Sunday? Sowing and Growing Rapeseed to grow Diesel! It's good to see shows like Top Gear that have huge viewing numbers are bringing these methods into the public eye. It will probably mean tighter controls on Vege Oil use in the future, and higher rates, but if everyone got on board, then we could actually make a difference to the CO2 problems. . .
                          Just Vegging Out

Comment

Depending on the outcome, could you possibly post a copy of your letter up here so others can use a similar template?

PS. Anyone see Top Gear on Sunday? Sowing and Growing Rapeseed to grow Diesel! It's good to see shows like Top Gear that have huge viewing numbers are bringing these methods into the public eye. It will probably mean tighter controls on Vege Oil use in the future, and higher rates, but if everyone got on board, then we could actually make a difference to the CO2 problems. . .
                            I will do Bludger.I am going to do a bit of reading up on the Rapeseed oil before i write off to them so i know whats what and so i don't look a prize idiot when i get a reply

Comment

I will do Bludger.I am going to do a bit of reading up on the Rapeseed oil before i write off to them so i know whats what and so i don't look a prize idiot when i get a reply

Richard check out thread (207) SVO has duty of 28.35p if it meets the fiscal definition of Biofuel.
                              KTC have stated that their rapeseed oil exceeds HMRC specification, that's what I'm using and am paying 28.35 PPL

As it's KTC I brought ya at Salisbury in December ...(It does what it says on the Tin)
                              Good Luck

Sometimes there's a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

• Originally posted by Surferjess
                                Richard check out thread (207) SVO has duty of 28.35p if it meets the fiscal definition of Biofuel.
                                KTC have stated that their rapeseed oil exceeds HMRC specification, that's what I'm using and am paying 28.35 PPL

As it's KTC I brought ya at Salisbury in December ...(It does what it says on the Tin)
                                Good Luck

Sometimes there's a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                                Thanks Jess

Comment

Working...
                                X