vet prices!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vet prices!

Hi, I've just picked my poor pooch up from the vet after an operation on his cruciate ligament and it cost me £1127.28 plus follow up treatment in 10 weeks. Luckily he's insured but I still have to pay up front. Pass me the gin bottle!

Rich Farmers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll have to Mortgage the new Surf Jax
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by jax
      Hi, I've just picked my poor pooch up from the vet after an operation on his cruciate ligament and it cost me £1127.28 plus follow up treatment in 10 weeks. Luckily he's insured but I still have to pay up front. Pass me the gin bottle!
      What sort of vet do you use, my Rotti had the same and it only cost £500 all in, and that was a 2hr operation, it's not fun carrying them out to the garden for a dump or pee.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
        What sort of vet do you use, my Rotti had the same and it only cost £500 all in, and that was a 2hr operation, it's not fun carrying them out to the garden for a dump or pee.

Sounds like I use an expensive vet! This operation was a TPLO (can't remember what it stands for - but asked the vet if they had a No. 1 hit a while back but he wasn't amused!). How on earth did you manage to carry a Rotti out to the garden? I struggle with my Spaniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat
          Rich Farmers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll have to Mortgage the new Surf Jax

Or sell some sheep (just the ugly ones!)

Comment

Originally posted by jax
            Sounds like I use an expensive vet! This operation was a TPLO (can't remember what it stands for - but asked the vet if they had a No. 1 hit a while back but he wasn't amused!). How on earth did you manage to carry a Rotti out to the garden? I struggle with my Spaniel.

Cranial Cruciate Ligament-Deficient in large Dogs, Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
              Cranial Cruciate Ligament-Deficient in large Dogs, Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy

I'm impressed.

Comment

I only had to do that for the 1st couple of weeks, but had to carry her upstairs to bed every night for about 3 months, but being 6ft 2in and 14st helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                  Blimey mate - you swallowed a vets dictionary?

Had a guided tour of my old vets a few years ago and asked the nurse which wheel I owned. When she looked puzzled I pointed to the vets brand new E class estate
                  Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                    Blimey mate - you swallowed a vets dictionary?

Had a guided tour of my old vets a few years ago and asked the nurse which wheel I owned. When she looked puzzled I pointed to the vets brand new E class estate

No, when I got my Leonberger I made sure on the pet insurance it covered specific items. Was a mine field, some only cover up to £1000 for a single treatment, so if it re occurs they won't pay for it if you have already been claimed to the £1000 limit for that illness. Just read a lot of stuff on illnesses applicable to certain breeds and size of dog.
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

does anybody know of any pet insurance that will cover a dog over 8 years old had a few turn me down because of his age and they all say the same thing that he is to old for them to cover. .........what is this all about??????
                      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by jax
                        Or sell some sheep (just the ugly ones!)
                        Is there such a thing as an ugly sheep? (and I'm not Welsh)

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                          does anybody know of any pet insurance that will cover a dog over 8 years old had a few turn me down because of his age and they all say the same thing that he is to old for them to cover. .........what is this all about??????
                          These do over 8 yr olds....http://www.animalfriends.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                            !!!!!! hell - did you look that up ??? :o)

is that the one where they break the dogs leg and re-set it in a different position? jeez, my next door neighbour had that done to her goldie - 6weeks cage rest - i know my collies would go absolutely spare.

best of luck - i know they're expensive - but worth it :o)

Regards,

alex

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
                              These do over 8 yr olds....http://www.animalfriends.org.uk/
                              thanks mate nice one will look into it..........
                              CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
                              X