Surf v Pajero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf v Pajero

I am seriously considering buying my first Surf and have found the info on this site really useful. However I have seen quite a few Pajeros for sale and I am wondering if anyone in Surfland has experience of both particularily with regard to the following:
    1 Reliability
    2 Ease of servicing/availability of spares
    3 Depreciation
    4 Off road capabilities

Thanks

Surf v Pajero

A lot of Pajeros for sale and not many Surfs - that should tell you something in itself!
    Seriously though, I rave on about my Gen 3, but my brother-in-law is equally passionate about his Pajero. (Poor misguided fool!!!!)
    Keith

Comment

Ken,
      I pass thru Perth a lot at present twice a week: once up & one back
      ( assuming Highlands Perth & not Oz one )
      on my way up to Inverness.
      If you want a chat & see a KZN 130 send me a e-mail or Pm & i'd be only to pleased to talk dirty Surf
      [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I live in Perth, so if you want to see my surf your more than welcome to come over and have a look around it.

Are you in the city ?

I live in Letham just up from the Driving Test centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal
          I live in Perth, so if you want to see my surf your more than welcome to come over and have a look around it.

Are you in the city ?

I live in Letham just up from the Driving Test centre.
          Not driven a pajero/shogun but been a passenger in one many times. I personally don't like the seating position in the shogun, I find it has to much body roll. The rear wheel arches extend so far in the rear load area its a joke, for my purposes there wasn't enough room in the back for gear and the Surf beat it in this area by miles. My mates 98 shogun is so much more noiser than my 1990 Surf was.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
            I am seriously considering buying my first Surf and have found the info on this site really useful. However I have seen quite a few Pajeros for sale and I am wondering if anyone in Surfland has experience of both particularily with regard to the following:
            1 Reliability
            3 Depreciation
            4 Off road capabilities

Thanks
            pag bad body roll and off road clearence not very good also engine for same size engine toyotas fastest i base this on i have a 2.4 td surf uncle has a 2.5 td paj tried both vehicles on and off road surf best evertime icing on cake uncle wants a swop no way so i make my arguments through proper testing
            I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
            (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken

1 Reliability
              It's a Toyota.....very reliable

No more difficult than any other Jap 4x4,spares availablility,ditto

3 Depreciation
              ????
              4 Off road capabilities
              Fantastic off-road ability(3rd gen better,has a centre diff which locks all 4 wheels for better traction)the only thing that lets them down slightly off road is the overhang at the back,keep a few spare fog lamps handy.

Thanks