No announcement yet.

true or false??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to have two big rectangular IPF spots on my ARB bullbar and I was convinced that the combination did negatively effect the cooling of my rad when under load or at slow speeds. I think you're OK with the 2.4 though as it's the 3.0 that has a definate overheating problems. I also think that a snorkel contributes to overheating at slow / off road speeds as you don't get the "air-ram" effect.

When I talked to people in Zim or SA about my overheating problem they all mentioned that the 3.0s had a reputation for busting their heads but that the 2.4s were sound even under African conditions. Most people here either dump their Surfs as a bust head is a seriously expensive job out here or they go the same route as me and have their rads enlarged and rebuilt.
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      You won't be able to use roofbar mounted spots on the road as they are too high - limit is 1 metre.

You could always get small projector types for the front, they give just as good light and will not really cause any problems with airflow. Just don't look as funky. You could then fit a roof bar for lights when off road.

Cheers
      Just found out I was talking bo***cks. Spot lights and driving lamps as long as they only operate on main beam have no legal positioning requirement. Fog lamps cannot be fitted above 1 metre as they can be on with dip beam and therefore may dazzle oncoming motorists. There is also no requirement for them to be separately switched. Found this out from the install instructions for my dricing lamps and research on the web and government website. Basically Driving/fog lamps are not covered at all in construction and use regulations.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X