Fuel pump seals "how to"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump seals "how to"

Hello all, as I'm finally going to get round to doing the seals (it's only been leaking about 3 years) I thought I'd find a good write up on it, I tried finding it on the Aus site but it seems to have changed somewhat and I cant find the tech info they used to have,
    after a quick look on here it seems I will need to remove the pump completely to do all the seals so if anyone can point me to a good idiots guide I would be very grateful, (or better still come and do it)
    I'm just about to order the seal kit from Roughtrax along with oil filter, & timing belt so will I need anything else? (already got a fuel filter), cheer's Ian

Right after reading back a few pages I found the Aus how to posted by Bushwacker (is he still on here?) I use to have all the Aus tech stuff but when my pc was replaced I lost a ton of stuff,
    after reading several post on this seal job I'm starting to wonder if I'm up to this job, some say it's fairly easy some say it's a proper bstd, and if it comes to getting it done professionally then I can see me having to get rid, cant afford what these places charge, so for a start I will strip away everything I can so I can actually see the thing and clean it so I can perhaps pinpoint exactly where it's leaking from.
    bl00dy veg oil
    Last edited by POPEYE; 27 October 2015, 19:20.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Hi Ian, long time hope all's well apart from leaky pump !!
    I do recall reading somewhere on the Forum our Tony N would fit a seal replacement kit for £150 although that may have increased slightly by now .. lots of info on the forum search button, (not telling ya how to suck eggs) much like you nowadays I'm also unable to do some simple but inaccessible or restrictive repairs to our Trucks due to ill health n mobility.....
    so in the laps of the Guru's really ....
    Good Luck with it mate

14+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
    Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 28 October 2015, 10:52.
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks Jess, yeah same as that, takes me all my time just getting into the bl00dy thing, might have to lower it again I did wonder if TonyN was still doing repairs on surfs, I might enquire, (I'll need to joint up again to send a PM,),
      I aint too bad, usual pains approaching 70, going in again soon for another opp on tumours, they did the R/H side of my gob last year, that went fine apart from some tempory "droop" (I mean my face not my Hampton)
      I'll see what replys I get if any) it is certainly a lot less busy on here, all on sodding facebook I guess,
      cheer's mate, Ian

Comment

Is Mr Surfenstein (Mark) @ Overfab not in ya location Ian ?
        n Good Luck with ya Op mate

14+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

w] +44 (0)1256 473397
          [m] +44 (0)7709 839891

Ian, these are Tony Ns tel numbers from his website, and I saw a post on here recently which says that he is still in business. I don't know if a PM to him would get a response, not sure he visits anymore, and to be fair he never responded to them when he was here.

I think you are right about it all being on facebook these days, it is quite dead in here. Bushwhacker vanished after a few posts slagging off the quality of one his Lexurfs.
          Good luck with the seals, good luck with your operations. Getting older is a bugger isnt it.
          Сви можемо

Comment

Nice to see your'e still about Ian. as Bogus said, give Tony a ring,,, he has just done some work on a forum members 2nd gen so still at it!
            Good luck buddy

Alan
            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Alex/Alan, it's a pity the forum is so quiet though it's just the same on the model making forums as well guess that's true of most forums, face book's taking over, I will give Mark a tinkle Alex and thank you for the links,
              I am sorry to hear Vince doesn't participate her any more, who had the Gaul to criticise one of his V8 conversions? all of what I use to see of his work was really outstanding,
              your right, getting old is a proper sod, trouble is I don't feel old (apart from when I have actually done something) still feel like I can tackle jobs and in fact I do still have a go, just finished doing uo the back of the house, that involved stripping the wall tiles, rendering, coating it with Tyrolene on the spray gun I bought specially for texture coatings, laying patio slabs and building walls, just about finished that side and hoping next year to tackle the front,
              cheer's guys, keep well and happy

Comment

Working...
              X