Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to surfs, on the search for one.

Hello

I am looking to buy a surf. I've had my eye on them for years and now I'm taking the plunge. I'm currently driving a vitara but am looking to upgrade to the surf so the family can join me off-road. The has a freelander but we don't talk about that! Lol
    My first question is how tricky and if it's possible to drop a Manuel in for the auto?

Hi and welcome to the surf emporium of pleasure. good luck with the hunt.If you want a manual box try looking for the hilux 4runner and if you are really lucky you might just come across a manual surf,they are out there but rare as hens teeth..Otherwise its a bit of a pain in the ass,.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

welcome!
      manuel? a butler?
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-TOYOT...item28031a6c10
        Сви можемо

Comment

Hello thanks for the welcomes.
          Cheers for the link but sadly it is a touch out of my budget. I have am looking at around the £1500 tops. Have found this one that is close to me, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2817532156...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
          I'm looking for a project and something I can use off-road. I have a vitara at the minute which is a good little truck but only has two seats so I can't get out in it as much as I want cause of the wife and kids, so with the surf I just take all of them

Comment

Would you consider buying a Surf from a guy who can't be bothered paying for a mot pass before selling.

Ask him to put through test, then go for a test drive, then think about
            buying.

Comment

Cheers for the advice woodwarm, the thing is I have more haggle space without the mot. I'm a marine engineer by trade so mechanical snags I can handle. And I can't walk away from a deal lol I'm viewing the car tomorrow for a good going over. And talking of going over it, is there anything specific to the surf that I should be looking out for? I have the normal checks all squared away, but realised that each car has it's own peculiarities.

Comment

check all electrics work, all five windows, central locking, air con etc.
                4wd is all good, goes in and out Ok with no unusual noises.
                smooth gear changes, check the cooling system rad etc for no leaks and no overflowing expansion bottle. Once its nice and hot check hot air comes from all the right places and the heater controls all work.
                Other than that just the usual stuff like any other car.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

This might help
                  ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

get a third gen it will go where 2nd gens dream of going ,ie wales 2nd gens failed to climb a mere hill no bigger than a anthill , i did offer to tow them up
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

To be honest I prefer they way 2nd gens look well unfortunately in a twisted series of incidents I couldn't go to view the car today. The guy buying my vitara pulled out and in response the diff wishbone drop bracket bent and snapped!! Looks like the person that fitted it sneered the 2 right hand bolt heads off and fitted it anyway!! So no money for a surf and I have to spank 40 spuids on a new bracket on a car that I'm only gonna sell. Might try to repair the old one and return the new but the really pain is getting the old bolts out.

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                        get a third gen it will go where 2nd gens dream of going ,ie wales 2nd gens failed to climb a mere hill no bigger than a anthill , i did offer to tow them up
                        Joker long time no see how are you mate?
                        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                          Joker long time no see how are you mate?
                          col doing great mate ,yep been a long time how are you ?trying to pop more often on here to keep in contact with friends i met here
                          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

So after some thought I've decided to aim for a 4runner. As nice aS the surfs are I really want a Manuel and can live without air con. I was just wanting to ask how much do you guys think a 4runner is worth? What would be a fair price to pay for one in fair condition?

Comment

its worth as much as you want to pay for one. Given the last ones made were 1996 I personally wouldn't want to pay more than £1000 unless its really mint.
                              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                              My choice
                              Back off

Comment

Working...
                              X