Removed Aircon- Now Truck Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
    Yeah, those were connected but still no joy...
    Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
    That happened when we did GWH's truck I think it's some thing to do with a earth wire ....... Surfenstein might remember.
    Get won't remember, he's much too old....
    Try looking for your starter relay. If it gets a bit moist it won't work well...unlike Surfenstein
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Afternoon,

I finally got round to looking at this today.

Being as the starter motor relay clicks away when i turn the key in the ignition, i thought i'd go further down the line and following Bogus' advice, look at the starter motor and see about replacing the contacts. I followed this very helpful post in order to get it out:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26016

Before i buy the new contacts and replace them, i just thought i'd check to make sure that the following is the case and is normal:

When I removed the main cable from the starter I found that there is 12v on it. Is this cable just connected directly to the battery? If so, then does turning the ignition simply power the solenoid via one of the two smaller cables attached to it, closing the contacts inside the motor and allowing current to be drawn through the main cable therefore allowing the motor to turn?

I think i might have just answered my own question! Let me know if this isn't the case...

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X