80 amp fuse quick fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 amp fuse quick fix

Evening all, as this forum is so helpful I thought I would post an idea I have just come up with.While having a sort out of the shed, came across a blown 80amp fuse and thought to my self there must be away of keeping the blown fuse in the surf and connecting a good fuse to it, save having to take the fuse box out.So came up with this, piggy back the old fuse with the new one. Once I find my other fuse box will try and mod the cover to take the extra fuse.what do you think ?
    Attached Files

Nice idea
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Thanks,ill post pics when I get it done, should be this week... Mick

Comment

Good idea, but there is a reason the fuse is bolted in and not just pushed in, If the piggyback fuse works loose and arcs against the original fuse link, you could end up with a melted fuse box or worse case a potential fire under the bonnet.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Good point Surfenstein, if it was possibable to fix the piggyback fuse in to the box some how, (so it could not come loose) do you think it could work.....Mick

Comment

Yea if you used some really heavy duty female spade terminals that were a really tight fit against the male legs of the fuse link, then maybe that would work, but make sure they are able to take the amperage. Or you could adapt, an external inline fuse like the ones you get on high powered car stereos.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mad o View Post
              Good point Surfenstein, if it was possibable to fix the piggyback fuse in to the box some how, (so it could not come loose) do you think it could work.....Mick
              Surely by the time you've frigged about doing that, you would have changed the original fuse?

Comment

Yes your right Mudsurfer,it was just an idea, anything for an easy life. See what I can come up with....... Mick

Comment

Yes your right Mudsurfer,it was just an idea, anything for an easy life. See what I can come up with....... Mick
                  Where did you leave that drawing board Mick?

Comment

Found it, here it is----
                    Attached Files

Comment

Found it, here it is----
                      There's your problem. A 67' male connector won't fit into a 7mm female....

Comment

Working...
                      X