Places to buy cheaper parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the silver surfer View Post
    Vehicle and personal GPS Tracking device, free P&P PLUS about £7 cheaper than your favourite lovechild sells it for.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Streetwize...item2c9a7a789c
    Come on, a multi-property owning, riviera dwelling dapper chap like you trying to save 7 quid?
    (10 Euros?)?

Find some real bargains, let's talk hundreds, then more people will listen to you.

Cheers

Comment

When you take into account the P&P it actually makes it around £12 cheaper (minimum). Of course, anyone that wants to pay more for an item out of some sort of deluded loyalty can. And really, I care not as to who listens or not, I'm just adding info as and when I find it to help the free thinkers and those who would prefer to line their own pockets.

Take it or leave it, do it or don't do it, every one of us has a choice.

Comment

Easily hidden inside children and pets.
        Can't see any issues with that.

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

as someone how pops into see Barry and the rest of the helpful staff at roughtrax,almost every month.......................

i find this quite an interesting read.
          i bet Barry does as well

Comment

Originally posted by scott-lee View Post
            as someone how pops into see Barry and the rest of the helpful staff at roughtrax,almost every month.......................

i find this quite an interesting read.
            i bet Barry does as well
            Ah but you must be one of those blind sheep/muppets/fools that are willing to bend over and take it whilst your wallet is emptied

When he posts a source for cheep shovels and a link to a money off voucher for the book of "how to win friends and influence people " I might be interested.

But he will probably go and delete that post also.

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

just out of interest,i looked up how much i'd spent since last june.
              nearly 2k.
              oh,what a fool i am, all these quality parts and excellent customer service got me nothing.
              except a well maintained truck,and peace of mind.

Comment

2K !!!

You must be getting near to your own private parking space soon

But you do know that with 8-10 months research and some dodgy invoicing you could have saved tuppence ha'penny

But how much was spent on yellow paint?

The fog light issue

I rewired mine using the hangy down fog light lamp wiring so one of the reversing lights is now the fog light.
                I used a red led lamp for the fog light and changed the reversing lamp to a white led lamp and got rid of the filament lamps.
                The light output is good enough to reverse by and the fog lamp is very effective.
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

only £8 on yellow paint Ady.
                  i did spend half the year trying to get it for £7.99,though
                  interesting idea with the fog,after spending 2 weeks under the truck,i noticed the rear bumper is a bit 'busy' behind.maybe flush fit evo's are not the way forward.

Comment

It is really easy to do.
                    I fed the fog lamp wire up back into the boot area then through the grommet to follow the oem wiring .
                    Cut the oem look and put a connector on it and then made up another spare lamp holder to connect.
                    That way I can revert back if reqd.
                    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

• wow is it time to put this post bed now gents?
                      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by charvell View Post
                        wow is it time to put this post bed now gents?
                        I think it has.
                        It started off where to buy cheaper parts and ended up with interesting mods.

Comment

• Whilst I agree that the initial premise of the OP was a good idea, he did start off with some unfounded accusations and then kind of went downhill from there.

The post may have deviated slightly but only due to a member mentioning how much he had spent at "bitter Barry's" and the fact that saving a few quid is nothing compared to a quality service and peace of mind, qualities I'm sure at least one of you (Mr ultimate) will appreciate.

The fact it was posted in this general section and that it has survived as long is pretty miraculous

In the spirit of the post
                          Eurocarparts. Battery 3 years guarantee collected for less than £65 ( Exide.)
                          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

• I started off with airing my opinion and some people could not actually understand that I do have a right to an opinion regardless if it is the same as theirs or not. I felt that various responses just forced me into a corner and to retaliate, that was not the intention of the posting. The continuation of posts adding nothing but retorts to other posts is weak minded and I hope that the thread can continue with people only posting useful info on where to buy stuff from rather than just try and get some 'air time'.

I also decided to delete some of my posts that I feel may have veered off topic a bit and maybe even offended, I accept that and took action.

Nice find on the batteries though

Comment

• i have been a toyota man myself for years i did pay totota pricers and only ever got my parts from them and no where else
                              i put my surf back on the road after been stud for 6 years i needed lots of parts and could not aford to do the whole lot from toyota so i spent a few hours reading on here and i was impressed with the fact that roughtrax had got very good parts in stock and that people on here said they fit well on are of good qualety i have since spent arouind 3 grand with roughtrax this year and i must say that there are has good has toyota on parts they are not the cheapest in the market but i beleve you get what ya pay for roughtrax has been top stuff from the start i can hopnestly say that i will not be rushing back to gen parts and when i do i use roughtrax for gen parts too there are cheaper than toyota ever have been
                              has for the banter its always the same dude its life on here they get that way so never take it to heart some things typed are very different to seeing the person say it with expressions of the face and body can make all the difference some time you get a total ###### weather it be typed or spoken to a ###### is a ###### please dont ever lower ya selfs to a ######s level some people are that low they look up to snakes dude
                              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

• What we all want is a happy ending.
                                I personally couldn't be arsed with spending hours searching for cheap(er) I have a Toyo dealer and Eurocarparts within walking distance and I am often passing Roughtrax so in many ways am more fortunate than most.
                                I applauded Silver surfer for spending the time and effort to go that extra mile and I still do applaud him.
                                the execution could have been carried out better to which we can all learn from.
                                I have no soft spot for the main irk of the OP original gripe and can fully appreciate the frustration caused by that supplier putting obstacles in the way.
                                However I feel that if allegations are to be levelled they should be backed up by fact.

Moving on

yes the battery is a good deal ty.
                                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X