Diesel Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Injectors

Where's the best place to get them from? is it Diesel Bob?

May not be worst and may not be the best either.
    Type his name into our search box and sit back and have a read.

Saying all that whoever you use or recommend, as they say you can't please all the people all of the time.

One persons good bad experience doesn't equate to the norm.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I've had 3 focus tdci injectors from diesel bob in for a year now and they've been fine. The surf injectors are really basic in comparison so I doubt they'd get them wrong even if they tried.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Had two parcels delivered today, a compression tester and a set of injectors.

Is there anything I need to do with the injectors before fitting them or do I just go ahead swap them out with the existing ones, prime and start?

Also, how do I use the compression tester?
          Is it just a case of removing the EDC relay and then taking out one glow plug at a time, replace the glow plug with the compression tester and crank the engine?

Comment

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post
            Had two parcels delivered today, a compression tester and a set of injectors.

Is there anything I need to do with the injectors before fitting them or do I just go ahead swap them out with the existing ones, prime and start?

Also, how do I use the compression tester?
            Is it just a case of removing the EDC relay and then taking out one glow plug at a time, replace the glow plug with the compression tester and crank the engine?
            Make sure you don't leave an old copper washer on the block.
            And yes basically, air filter crossover pipe and air box removed will give you more working room.
            Pen and paper to write down your results.
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Great, job for when the rain stops then

Thanks

Comment

Oh for a garage.
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I know, looking to buy a new house but want with either a garage already or enough space to build by my own

Comment

Managed to get the old injectors out, the new ones obviously have new copper washers and little crush washers with them to go in the whole that the injectors go into.
                    The old ones came out and left what can be seen in the photo, is there a trick to getting the old washers out?
                    I've tried using a magnetic screwdriver but they seem to be firmly stuck in, don't want to risk causing any damage
                    Attached Files

Comment

Managed to get the crush washers out, used an old screwdriver after bending the tip into an "L" shape.
                      New injectors are in, just need to put everything else back together now' fingers crossed it all works this time.

Comment

Fingers crossed.
                        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

FIXED IT !!. it lives and breathes again, got the new injectors in and spent a very enjoyable hour or so putting everything back together. Pumped the fuel primer several times and fired it up. Started straight away and without any engine vibration, let it warm up a bit and went for a drive, power is back to normal, heat from the front and back blowers, idle is sitting at approx 750rpm.

time to do some long overdue work on my Charger now

Comment

Nice one.

Charger?

Comment

Yeah, this one
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X