X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da SLUG man
    probably the fog light?
    what reverse warning?
    When I reverse an audible warning sounds though not as loud as a HGV, doesn't play any tunes though.

lil black switch looks like one you would find on a 1970's car for lights, looks like it will go up, down and then bacvk to middle(present) position.
    Started with a beast now I have a beauty

Comment

Might have been for auxillary lights / front fogs. Mine still has the cable clips on the pillars where it must have had a light bar on the roof.

R.
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by rich
        Might have been for auxillary lights / front fogs. Mine still has the cable clips on the pillars where it must have had a light bar on the roof.

R.
        Thanx Rch,
        what you say makes sense, did notice remnants of markings on roof that may support this.
        Also have found some discolouration on the roof, is this common on surfs and how I remedy this apart from respray. Had something like this on the rangie's sunroof but put this down to it sliding under roof cover.

Comment

Originally posted by b19aus
          Also have found some discolouration on the roof, is this common on surfs and how I remedy this apart from respray.
          Try a paint renovator first, Autoglym make a good one. Then the some coloured Turtle Wax should do it if the marks aren't too bad.

R.
          If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by rich
            Try a paint renovator first, Autoglym make a good one. Then the some coloured Turtle Wax should do it if the marks aren't too bad.

R.
            If you are brave enough and the discoloration is bad enough you can try this. You can get away with this on the Surf and on the newer paints that are used now - you never could on the older metallics.

1. Rub down the whole panel with 1500 grade wet and dry paper. Dont rub too hard and make sure you use plenty of water to keep the grit washed away.
            2. Use a cutting compound mixed with T Cut (get the compound in a tin not a tube, then you can pour in some T cut and mix it on the rag when you are using it. This will remove most of the scour marks from stage 1.
            3. Use T cut or better Autoglym paint restorer. This will remove the dullness from stage 2.
            4. Use a good quality polish (Mer, One Grand, Autogylm).
            5. Use a good quality top gloss - Autoglym extra gloss protection is the only one I know.

Between stages 3 & 4 you could also clay the paint with a clay wheel - this gets out any small imperfections left by stages 1 - 3. They aren't that easy to get here but the Americans love them.

Once you have done all this you should have beautiful paint, smooth, the right colour, with a gloss on it that is miles deep.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
              If you are brave enough and the discoloration is bad enough you can try this. You can get away with this on the Surf and on the newer paints that are used now - you never could on the older metallics.

1. Rub down the whole panel with 1500 grade wet and dry paper. Dont rub too hard and make sure you use plenty of water to keep the grit washed away.
              2. Use a cutting compound mixed with T Cut (get the compound in a tin not a tube, then you can pour in some T cut and mix it on the rag when you are using it. This will remove most of the scour marks from stage 1.
              3. Use T cut or better Autoglym paint restorer. This will remove the dullness from stage 2.
              4. Use a good quality polish (Mer, One Grand, Autogylm).
              5. Use a good quality top gloss - Autoglym extra gloss protection is the only one I know.

thanx Andy and Rich
              Will let u know how I get on

Between stages 3 & 4 you could also clay the paint with a clay wheel - this gets out any small imperfections left by stages 1 - 3. They aren't that easy to get here but the Americans love them.

Once you have done all this you should have beautiful paint, smooth, the right colour, with a gloss on it that is miles deep.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X