Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 1st Surf

Today I purchased my first surf.
    In fact today was the first day that I had ever driven one.
    The first one that I tried did it for me though it was the 4th one I tested that sold me.
    It is a 1994 3.0L SSX TD, metallic green over silver and I can't wait to pick it up next friday.
    Looking forward to learning from all of you out there as I have already found the info available here invaluable when I have been out and about looking for No 1.
    I am currently driving a 3.9 Range Rover Vogue SE, hence the beast, which I have enjoyed and cried over at times,never thought that I would find a better drive.

Started with a beast now I have a beauty

welcome to "surfin" mate.....
    as you say.....info on here is invaluable from one
    and all......
    enjoy....
    CARL...
    2.4 T.D,s should carry a government health warning

Comment

You'll Love it!

You cant go wrong I had never even driven an automatic !!!!- total baptism of fire, Queen of the road or what. This site is brilliant everyone's so helpful gives you the confidence to go for it. I am sure that you will ever wonder what took you so long. Happy surfing.

Comment

Hay welcome to the site, I have a 2.4td on a k plate wich I have had
        about 6 months now, it is the best thing i have ever driven. i use it
        for my landscapeing business, top motor! check out www.toyotahilux.co.uk for any thing for the surfs and i meen anything! cheers and happy surfing.
        jerry

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyprice
          Hay welcome to the site, I have a 2.4td on a k plate wich I have had
          about 6 months now, it is the best thing i have ever driven. i use it
          for my landscapeing business, top motor! check out www.toyotahilux.co.uk for any thing for the surfs and i meen anything! cheers and happy surfing.
          just about 38 hours to go b4 picking up my surf, clock seems to be going backwards

Comment

hi

welcome aboard you,ll be suprised how good it is off road (just dont go on your own)there awsome
            I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
            (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy30
              welcome aboard you,ll be suprised how good it is off road (just dont go on your own)there awsome
              Never been offroading even with the rangie, will def give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by b19aus
                Never been offroading even with the rangie, will def give it a try

Bought mine back in March...Never had the test drive.engine not even turned over..just sat in the vehicle when I went looking at the dealerships by chance and was hooked from the start......

First time off-roading in any vehicle...the working week is just in the way of the weekends these days
                Gaz

Comment

i bought my first surf three weeks ago. my first 4WD. i saw it on the forecourt and just had to test drive it. instantly hooked. an amazing drive - particularly after a freelander. im delerious i found this site too....the manual i got is the only shady thing - and its good to know what ECT stands for! (and does)....

Comment

Originally posted by cantona
                    i bought my first surf three weeks ago. my first 4WD. i saw it on the forecourt and just had to test drive it. instantly hooked. an amazing drive - particularly after a freelander. im delerious i found this site too....the manual i got is the only shady thing - and its good to know what ECT stands for! (and does)....
                    13 1/2 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am currently driving a 3.9 Range Rover Vogue SE, hence the beast, which I have enjoyed and cried over at times,never thought that I would find a better drive.

At least you can retire the steam cleaner you used for getting rid of the oil drips from the Rangy!!
                      Enjoy the Surf and the social life (and strife) that comes with it!!!!!!
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil

At least you can retire the steam cleaner you used for getting rid of the oil drips from the Rangy!!
                        Enjoy the Surf and the social life (and strife) that comes with it!!!!!!
                        At last, finally at 11.45 this morning the surf was ready for collection following a new alarm,Cd/radio and two new front tyres being fitted. Spent the afternoon making two trips to DVLA in Chelmsford(seems that they are the only Gov Dept that do not accept debit cards ONLY CASH/CHEQUES).
                        does anyone have the answer to this one.have transferred the plate from the rangie to the Surf, but Ii was in such a hurry to leave DVLA I forgot to ask if I could put new plate on the Surf or do I have to wait until documents come through.Still have original plates ready to go back on rangie.
                        Spent the rest of the afternoon seeing how many asda bags we could get into the back of the Surf.
                        I'm really impressed with the light handling of the Surf, even parking was a doddle and the audble reverse warning certainly turned a few heads.
                        All I have to do now is find a manual as I have found a few questions that need answering whilst driving around.

Comment

At last, finally at 11.45 this morning the surf was ready for collection following a new alarm,Cd/radio and two new front tyres being fitted. Spent the afternoon making two trips to DVLA in Chelmsford(seems that they are the only Gov Dept that do not accept debit cards ONLY CASH/CHEQUES).
                          does anyone have the answer to this one.have transferred the plate from the rangie to the Surf, but Ii was in such a hurry to leave DVLA I forgot to ask if I could put new plate on the Surf or do I have to wait until documents come through.Still have original plates ready to go back on rangie.
                          Spent the rest of the afternoon seeing how many asda bags we could get into the back of the Surf.
                          I'm really impressed with the light handling of the Surf, even parking was a doddle and the audble reverse warning certainly turned a few heads.
                          All I have to do now is find a manual as I have found a few questions that need answering whilst driving around.
                          Have spent all weekend out and about, though it was not until this afternnon whilst applying polish etc, that I noticed a small black switch below the ignition switch, what happens when i play with this?

Comment

It all depends what it looks like ????? Any pics
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Have spent all weekend out and about, though it was not until this afternnon whilst applying polish etc, that I noticed a small black switch below the ignition switch, what happens when i play with this?
                              probably the fog light?
                              what reverse warning?
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X