Any suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope - not tyres or wipers...

And I sprayed her monday but no wet showed inside...

Oh well - I'll see how long it takes to really annoy Tony on the drive north tonight... he'll soon hunt it down once it starts bugging him!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I don't know if this helps? I had a similar thing with mine. One day, after over a year of ownership, I noticed a chink of light towards the front left of the sunroof seal. It had never let any water in but I thought I would try a short stripo of draught proofing - voila, job done!
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        My moneys on a wheel bearing.
        I am also worried about the noise I hear above 50mph, I suspect a wheel bearing but having checked them and found no excessive play and greased everything I am just waiting for it to get worse or fail, 15k miles later, i'm still waiting
        ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

Just a thought, run your hand over the tyre tread to feel for any uneveness.

If there is a differance in tread depth over the width of the tyre where the lugs of differant size wear at differant rates, this can generate noise that sounds similar to wind or bearing noise.

Fish
          If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

If it was wheel bearings the wheel would become hot,I had this prob in an old Izuzu Trooper,turned out to be worn door and window rubbers/seals.
            Powered by ????

Comment

I get the noise too but thats because I havent replaced all the layers around the gearstick the way they should be. To scare the wife its good to lift up the top shroud and show her the road passing underneath

Comment

I suggest the noise is probably coming from the engine bay, seek and ye shall find! Cheers Turtle

Comment

OK - well she's been to Norfolk, swam in the river, drove through the mud etc... no leakage. Big storm on Sat night - no leakage.

I've jet washed her today - spent ages directing the water round all doors/windows to test the seals - not a drop of water inside.

Still getting the noise like an open window at the back of the car - this is definately coming from the rear of the truck, but does not sound like it's coming from road level but higher up. I asked the dogs but they couldnt feel any draughts.

The search continues...........

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

it sounds like a speaker if nothing else ???? hissssssssssssssssss
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Linda, have you sat in the back / boot and got Tony to drive the Surf around? That way you can move about and hopefully narrow the search down to a particular area.

Comment

Just had another thought... Have you left the rear heater fan on? I did this in my truck once and thought I had a window open - took me a little while to figure it out tho

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                          Linda, have you sat in the back / boot and got Tony to drive the Surf around? That way you can move about and hopefully narrow the search down to a particular area.
                          I think it's a much better idea to put Tony in the back to listen for noises whilst I drive around... This will be the next thing we try.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I remember a year ago looking over my shoulder a lot while driving coz of noise I was sure wasnt there before but now I dont notice it and .... it isnt there

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                              I remember a year ago looking over my shoulder a lot while driving coz of noise I was sure wasnt there before but now I dont notice it and .... it isnt there
                              Havn't you got something else to do other than post weird stuff like this?

(hint......bonnet & tailgate......breakers yard.......how much.......etc,etc.......)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'm gonna ignore that harassment

Comment

Working...
                                X