Any suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions

Last weekend I got in the Bullet and drove up the road. I could hear a lot of road noise as if the window was open, but on checking all were closed.

This noise has persisted. All windows are properly closed - including the rear. the sunroof is closed properly. I have check all the door and window seals - all fine. Doors and tailgate are properly closed.

Still the road noise... any ideas where to check next as we cant think of anything else!!!

Oh and before you ask... Tony hasnt been near her with the grinder either...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

he hasn't swapped taigate with the mk1?

any grommets missing or loose in the bulkhead where the wires and stuff goes through?

or is it from the windscreen possibly dislodged from sealant?

sunroof not quite shut?

it's gotta be something simple that you've just overlooked!

does the one that gets it right get a star of the week?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      he hasn't swapped taigate with the mk1?

any grommets missing or loose in the bulkhead where the wires and stuff goes through?

or is it from the windscreen possibly dislodged from sealant?

sunroof not quite shut?

it's gotta be something simple that you've just overlooked!

does the one that gets it right get a star of the week?
      Hi Linda

Dont know if you have the wind deflectors fitted or not so this could be total wrong. The one behind my head ( rear offside ) has a tendency to make a similar noise when one of the top spring fixings has lifted off.
      Geoff.
      Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Have you put new batteries in your hearing aid?

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
          Have you put new batteries in your hearing aid?
          Was that directed at me. He he

Geoff
          Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

My suggestion is
            Lean pork, about 300g thinly sliced, you will need 1 red pepper also thinly sliced, some green peas about half a cup. An onion again thinly sliced, some pineapple chunks about half a cup but make sure they are drained (no juice) about 4 slices of ginger (can leave this out) two red chilies optional again leave out if not liked. 2 tea spoons corn starch and two tea spoons of chinese cooking wine. Some salt about 1 and half tea spoons half a tablespoon of satay sauce & 3 tablespoons of oil.

Boil up some rice for 4 people.

Mix the pork with starch and cooking wine, blend in with hands to tenderize. Heat the oil on high heat in a wok. Add the ginger, red chilies, pork, salt and satay sauce. Stir fry the meat until it is no longer pink, then add in the red pepper,green peas, onions and pineapple chunks.
            Stir it all in together mixing it up well and cook for a further 4 mins or until everything is cooked.
            In a clean wok or pan add four eggs and scramble lightly, once starting to scramble add the cooked rice and mix all together for a couple of minutes.

Place bed of rice on plate and serve the pork dish on top. You may of course substitute the pork for chicken etc.
            You can add mange tout or bean sprouts in place of the ginger or chilies, if leaving the chilies or ginger out I find a light sprinkling of mixed spices just gives the dish a nice flavour.
            A simple and quick meal from Koi's cuisine,
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
              Was that directed at me. He he

Geoff
              Hey Geoff, If the cap fits, etc, etc.
              Pete

Comment

What have you been smoking?????????

Seriously,Have you had a look undernreath? You could be dragging an elephant,that would make a noise similar to a trunk road(LOL....sorry!).

CURRY-ER

Comment

I bet that it's Tony sitting in the back humming, well he does work down the sewer these day, and I bet he hums when he comes home from work.

Comment

Bwahaha!! that makes good, if not particularly helpful, reading!! No idea what Koi's been smoking tho!!

We have eliminated all the easy answers like windows not properly shut, seals loose etc. There is nothing caught under the car etc. The wind deflectors are all well attached and have never made this noise before.

It sounds like the wind noise you get if you leave a window a bit open.

The only thing I havent checked is Matt's suggestion of grommits missing from the bodywork.

Oh well - guess I'll go for some Linda style treatment... Drive her 300 miles to Norfolk towing the trailer with tons of old horse rugs in for Redwings, thrash her round off road at Norfolk for the day, then 300 miles home towing the trailer with tons of metal in it. That should cure her. The Bullet's probably missing getting dirty...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

This is gonna sound realy stoopid but has the council done any resurfacing work around your place? have you changed your windscreen wipers? how are your tyres for wear? It could be loads of things but I bet its somthing simple.

And koi I'll be round for my tea later ok.
                      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                        This is gonna sound realy stoopid but has the council done any resurfacing work around your place? No
                        have you changed your windscreen wipers?yeh, that sounds stoopid
                        how are your tyres for wear? they're OK
                        It could be loads of things but I bet its somthing simple.

And koi I'll be round for my tea later ok.
                        My moneys on a wheel bearing.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          My moneys on a wheel bearing.

On the serious side, I think there is one, you need two brass bushes that go in the hub

Sumo its all gone, next time maybe. I'll do sesame seed toast, crispy fried seaweed, pancake rolls and a nice stir fry for main course
                          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                          My choice
                          Back off

Comment

try getting it VERY wet (may be a pressure washer or hose pipe) from all angles, then look inside for the wet patch (which is usually on my side of the bed!!) if there are any you know roughly where the leeeek is.
                            failing that i'd go with the wheel bearing thing.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcrofts
                              try getting it VERY wet (may be a pressure washer or hose pipe) from all angles, then look inside for the wet patch (which is usually on my side of the bed!!) if there are any you know roughly where the leeeek is.
                              failing that i'd go with the wheel bearing thing.
                              We're going to Norfolk this weekend, look at last years pics, any leaks will show for sure!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X