New(ish) Goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New(ish) Goodies

Finally got round to fitting my new (to me) goodies.

Thank You to Mick for the Inclinometer, and a Thank You to Vince for the bumper.

The inclinometer was harder to fit than the bumper believe it or not.
    I thought there may have been hidden "push outs" for the mounting bolts, but alas it was a complete dash out job to fit, those keen eyed amongst you may have spotted the wire leading from the inclinometer, that is for the sat nav power.
    I can push the cable back out the way so just the plug is visible.It is fed down back under the dash out of the way so no cable dangling around over the dash.It is powered by a separate fused supply, again all hidden away.

The bumper was easier to fit.
    I used the idea blatantly stolen from Mick of cutting away the outer edges of the lower valance.
    I used my original lower valance as the valance/bumper I got from Vince had spots wired in upper and lower.
    I quite like the change in stance it has given my truck, it is a shame that I have to bolt a number plate back on.

Thanks again guys
    Attached Files
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Looking good.
    Are you going to de-chrome the sidelight edges?

Comment

Cheers Vince

Yes the side lights are changing.
      I am not to sure about the dechroming aspect though.
      The chrome edges may just get a visit from a Dremmel's abrasive wheel then a top coat of satin black to match the bumper.
      Really really don't want to try and remove the chrome, especially if it is anything like the chrome on the front grille.
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
        Cheers Vince

Yes the side lights are changing.
        I am not to sure about the dechroming aspect though.
        The chrome edges may just get a visit from a Dremmel's abrasive wheel then a top coat of satin black to match the bumper.
        Really really don't want to try and remove the chrome, especially if it is anything like the chrome on the front grille.

Thats what I meant.

Comment

It is a work in progress
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

The inclinometer seems to be ...leaning.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I like that

Comment

Lookin' good Ady ! When I trimmed mine, I kept the parts of the wheel arches that fit on the ends of the bumper. Just cut them off at the same level. I think it gives a better more balanced look.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by MWS; 27 November 2013, 19:52.
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
                X