X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth a look

These seem to pretty cheap for stuff.

http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Cool!
    Only took them 18 months to get their new site up!
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

And if memory serves me well, you were disappointed with their springs, Del? Not quite the +2" lift they had promised?
      :

Comment

Originally posted by silvtr1000
        And if memory serves me well, you were disappointed with their springs, Del? Not quite the +2" lift they had promised?
        That was the point I was trying to clarify in a thread some time back. It appeares that all the company springs settle quite a bit. I phoned a couple of companys and they seemed to agree to an extent. Then one week later I found a thread on the Auz site and the guy writing it came up with the same conclusion. He was more than a little pi**ed off. For the appearence he wanted
        he decided that a body lift was the permanent soloution.

Geoff.
        Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

So wouldn't it be cheaper to get (for example) Milner's 20% stronger (I take this to mean stiffer, thus with less sag?) springs which in time will give the car the same aparrent lift as "+2"" springs?

Mark
          :

Comment

The Explorer +2" rear springs are virtually the same length as standard - the increased ride height comes from a higher spring rate (having said that the rh one is longer than the lh coz the fuel tanks that side). I've had my ProComp setup on for 14 months now and the back end has settled a very small amount but not enough to worry about having to re-adjust the front
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

So wouldn't it be cheaper to get (for example) Milner's 20% stronger (I take this to mean stiffer, thus with less sag?) springs which in time will give the car the same aparrent lift as "+2"" springs?

Mark
              Kitesurf phill might be able to answer that one, he's had Milner springs for a while now.

Geoff.
              Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

the pro comps aren't sided for the 3rd gen though... was hard to tell if there was much lift cos we had it up and down on the ramp so much... but looking at the trailling arm angle there's 2" ish difference
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
                  Kitesurf phill might be able to answer that one, he's had Milner springs for a while now.

Geoff.
                  I will go and have a measure in the morning. I don't think they have sagged much, if at all, cos I still haven't tweaked the torsion bars and I'm still sitting up at the back like a dragster. That's after about 750 miles of caravan towing, so far this year. Come to think of it I have also taken the old concrete hard standing, 26M of old fencing, all the wood, metposts etc for the new fence (I made sure I had the new wood before I dumped the old fence LOL)
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Apologies for the late reply. I have been working the graveyard shift.

I had a measure-up this morning. Centre of the wheel hub to highest bottom edge of the wheel arch 22" with the Milner springs. So the springs have only settled by 1/4" in 3 months, despite all the caravan towing etc
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Mark
                      Definatly no, Rusty and Elvz have both ditched Milners springs after a short while for others, Roughtrax and LA Supertrux +2" springs are holding up fine on cars I know off (including Lindas) Procomp leafs on my pickup are no bother either.

You will get no lift from Milner springs, just firmer springs. The Milner guy at Shuttleworth 4x4 show said they don't want to get involved with lifted trucks, so don't do lifted springs.

It will look lifted after the normal saggy rears, but no extra inches I'm afraid.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Got my 20% uprated springs from Milners. So far dead happy with them although they've only been on for 3/4 weeks. They have improved the ride for me considerably, but there again my 4Runner was dragging it's arse on the floor before that.

Comment

Working...
                        X