No announcement yet.

Yokohama tyres anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after lots of farting around I've ordered a set of tyres today, the MOT man said he needed to look at the old tyres three times before letting them pass! (I'm amazed they did)
    The Geolandars sold out again so I did some more searching and found a set of Avon Ranger 70's with ratings of F for efficiency and C for wet grip.
    £374 fitted, a good price it think!
    I don't really go off road so a more road biased tyre is probably what I need.

I ordered them from Formula One Autocentre online with a discount voucher code of 5% off.
    As long as the tyre monkey fits them properly I'll be well happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbslc View Post
      Looking at getting some Yokohama Geolander AT S tyres for the Surf, has anyone tried these or using them at the moment?
      Found some at £119 each fitted.
      used to have yokohamas on mine great grip but very soft did not last long at all compared to the general grabber at2 i am using now same grip but much harder wearing tyre, on par with bridgestones and cheaper.
      15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

Update!
        Formula one auto centres are shit.
        I got there early for my AM appointment for my Avon tyres and was told that it would be a 2 hour wait at least, any time between now and 1pm.....? As soon as he realized it was an internet booking he was not interested.
        So I said I'd have a think as I had work to do. Anyway I went back in less that 2 minutes later and the little grubby man then shouted from his back office that it would now be an all day wait!
        It's just as well he stayed in his ###### office!
        Anyway I left and emailed them for a refund which I got 5 days later.

So I found my preferred Yokohama tyres again and ordered them with Blackcircles and had them fitted at Crystal motors in Barnet, very good service and fitted by a young lad that I think was Canadian and owned a surf out there
        Very happy with the tyres, they seem a little louder, but my old ones were bald as a badger's so that's fair enough and feel a bit lighter steering.

So moral of the story it go with what you know (I'd been to Crystal motors before) and don't always go for the lowest price.

Oh and DON'T USE FORMULA ONE AUTO CENTRES.

Comment

You should take your complaint up to HO the fact that you ordered via the web does not mean you should get crappy service.
          Mention the odious little ####s attitude and see what they can do for you.

I had those f one people on the shortlist for tyres for the Dis-Astra, but went with E tyres instead.

He arrived at the house in the the time frame.10:00 to 10:30. Tyres fitted and gone in under 15 minutes.
          Even got a 20% discount off my next order.

I was a bit dubious about the mobile side of things but I know where the truck tyres are coming from now.
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I've used Etyres for several years. Prices are not always the cheapest, (although not far off). Always got good service and that is more important than a few quid saved IMHO!

Comment

Yeah we emailed HO and they don't seem to give a monkeys either, at least I got the money back fairly fast.
              You know how you get a bad feeling about something straight away? Well that's how I felt as soon as I spoke to that bell-end behind the counter.
              They mailed me a questionnaire on how good the service was as well!!!
              Soooo I filled it in

Comment

Let 'em have it... spoils the whole thing to have shite service. New tire day is supposed to be a happy day.

I was rotating me own Yoko's last week and thought to mention, they do like that; I've started doing it at each oil change (5k km).

Went longer at first but they are a bit softer than the BFG's etc, you'll notice in the front...

I changed out the spare too a while back, had the original 18+ year old one hanging back there yet . It was OK for rolling around the 'hood but these days have seen me take to the expressways a bit more.

Anyhow I'm rotating thru all 5 now so at least they'll all get used up. That old spare had never seen the road; still had the titties and ink on.

Retaining nuts were a *bit* stiff...

Comment

Working...
                X