Multi car insurance AGAIN!!!! groan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi car insurance AGAIN!!!! groan

Just had a nice chat with a rep from Admiral Insurance.

Surf fully comp £331 ( bog standard )

Peugeot ( I know) £ 675 !!!!

Now the interesting bit, in the interest of fairness I decided to declare ALL the modifications from factory spec, and my mods are very very tame compared to a lot on here.

He was not a happy bunny

Even the mere mention of having stainless steel brake lines, and I could hear him twitching, several interruptions whilst on hold so he could confer with his supervisor, and when I mentioned " off roading"....

In the end with anything more than a set of fluffy dice and it was a no no.
    And definitely NO off roading.

I wonder if any of you lot have had this experience?
    I was surprised that they would cover the Surf as a Surf and yep he did actually state Toyota Surf.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Do they even know what a Surf is??

Comment

Direct line refused my insurance half way through a year due to the words 'green lane '.... If it leaves tarmac insurance is a issue ... Adrian Flux is the only one i have had any luck with all Modifications
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

If your 'green laning' is on a BOAT your not strictly 'off road' are you

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Do they even know what a Surf is??
          Hmmm yep your right even though the chap kept saying Surf apparently mine is a manual, which it isn't so yeah I guess he was referring to the pick up.

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
          Direct line refused my insurance half way through a year due to the words 'green lane '.... If it leaves tarmac insurance is a issue ... Adrian Flux is the only one i have had any luck with all Modifications
          I did start to get concerned when he was asking if the bull bars where factory fitted and if I could prove so......

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
          If your 'green laning' is on a BOAT your not strictly 'off road' are you
          LOl this followed my conversation with the chap, and like Ian has just mentioned if it ain't tarmac it ain't covered.

All a moot point now though as the Mrs did not like the Peugeot and instead wants to look at a Saab 9-5
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
          X