surf looks a bit sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf looks a bit sad

Last Monday I am following a large van down a short one way street with cars parked on the left side, suddenly the van stops and reverses into a parking space with me directly behind him consequently and due to the fact there was no rear view door mirror on the drivers side he took out my passenger side head, side and indicator lights and pushed the bumper onto the wheel, I was not amused, however after some time he admitted liability (probably as I photographed the non existent door mirror, which is a moving motor offense) So notified Adrian Flux and am impressed with the service I have received, a van is being delivered tomorrow for me to cart my kit around and the surf is being picked up for evaluation and hopefully repairs.

Sorry to hear...and good luck

Comment

My landcruiser had a broken headlamp and cracked bumper, They wrote it off and wouldn't let me buy it back gutted.

Good luck!
      Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Similar story with mine, #######s. I miss the big old goat.

Comment

Just an update on this topic, the truck has been written off but I can have it back along with a cash payment, so am after the bits I have posted in the wanted section. Speedy replies will be appreciated.

Comment

Another update I have located a pas side wing with arch, side light and indicator (whole or lens). having trouble finding pas headlight and bumper, the bumper I think will be have to be bought new. As they appear to be as rare as hens teeth.
            Any one know if a four runner headlight will fit a gen3 surf ?

Comment

Picked the surf up from the body shop as I have had it back along with 2k so off to Toyota tomorrow to order a head light , I have a man who has re-formed plastic bumpers before but never tried a surf one so if not successful I will have to order that as well. Quite lucky on the wing as it not only had the arch but the indicator repeater and electric aerial as well. I forgot it also has the small mirror on as well
              Last edited by soramad; 10 October 2013, 23:16.

Comment

How much did they charge for buying it back?

Comment

Total insurance payout was £2500.00 but they kept £500.00 salvage money even if I have to buy the headlight and bumper from Toyota the parts will come to less than £500.00 so am quite pleased really, classed as a cat D write off I can repair it and just drive it though I might get the garage I use just to give it the once over so I know all is ok.

Comment

Comment

Happy bunny again, surf all repaired and looking good however did learn that the bumper is not plastic as I thought but quite thick steel which the body shop beat back into place and now looking good, all done including the cost of a new headlight and sprayed wing for a total of £510.00.
                      For the last 3 weeks I have been using a VW crafter van and what a heap of s--t that was, too low geared and no guts for 530 miles it cost me £144.00 in diesel against the same mileage for the surf I would be paying £120.00 for a bigger engine and higher speeds. I always knew there was a good reason I hate vans.

Comment

Pictures or it didn't happen

Comment

I haven't a clue how to put pictures up on the forum or net in general I only take pictures on my phone as our digital camera very rarely gets used , or batteries are flat plus the fact it just confuses me, but I can assure you it did happen as I have just totalled up the invoices for parts and labour , for instance the new head lamp was £140.00 inc vat from Toyota, indicator complete £19.00 from Powerful uk and side light and wing from breaker off e-bay for £75.00.
                          I did learn one thing however getting any help for parts on this forum is like asking for an audience with god because nothing really happens so am a little disappointed.

Comment

Have a look in the parts for sale section and on eBay, and see how many people are breaking 3rd gen Surfs. I might give some idea as to why your pleas went unanswered.

Or maybe you're just regarded as a knob.

Comment

Probably the latter, as like a lot of forums there appears to be a hard core of members that tend to look down on some posters instead of actually helping just take the p--s, also I scoured the breakers on e-bay and I got what was available at the time, remember they might be breakers but they may only have one 3rd gen that has already been stripped of commonly wanted items.

Comment

Working...
                              X