X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by fsaroyster View Post
      To be honest Mick, before I go off and search, I don't know what WVO is!

When it came to the cheap(er) fuel stuff I thought I'd missed the boat on that one to be honest? I vaguely remember a few years back people buying gallons of sunflower oil from the local supermarkets for peanuts before "they" got wise to that and upped the prices. Then came the chip shop oil, again they've started charging for it, previously I think they'd give it away...

Rog
      That's what I meant, Rog. Waste Vegetable Oil. If you look hard enough, It can still be picked up from takeaways, chippys etc, either reasonably cheap, or sometimes, even free.
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Lol!

Trucks going well, wish I had more money and time to spend on her to be honest. I started cleaning up the chassis a few weeks back, took off the fuel tank armour thang with the intention of giving it a bit of a rub and got carried away, decided I'd try to get it right back to the bare metal before painting, but then went on holiday for a couple of weeks and I've not touched it since

Other thing I'll mention, as you, and probably the others around here, may have some useful advice, due to circumstances at work I'm now having to drive about 50 miles a day, 90% of which is through the country side, so barely get up to 50mph. Anything I should do to improve things from an mpg point of view, or service/maintenance stuff I should do more regularly? I've decided to get some road tyres, any suggestions? Going to keep an eye out for another set of wheels, so that I can keep my ones in good condition and don't want to wear my GG AT2s out!

Thanks

Rog
        I'm also after a set of rims to send to powder coat, gunna go for the GG's again as I thought they were great, once they are on I'm selling the ones that are on the truck now which are the same standard rims with enduro A/T tyres.

If you want better mpg then I suggest a 1.2 corsa, seriously mate the only way is to run on waste veg oil "WVO" but it's a bit of a process to produce & finding a regular supply might not be easy.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I've got a bunch of various takeaway places just up the road from me, so you never know one of them might be able to help me out

Anyone got a rough idea how much better a mile a good set of road tyres will be over ATs?

Comment

I've got a bunch of various takeaway places just up the road from me, so you never know one of them might be able to help me out

Anyone got a rough idea how much better a mile a good set of road tyres will be over ATs?
            Hardly noticeable mate, only thing you'd notice would be less road noise.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Booo! That's disappointing, that was my main excuse for needing some different wheels, I thought even if its just a mile or two per gallon, over time it'd be worth it. I think I'll still look for another set of wheels, if only to preserve my current wheels and tyres

Comment

F.Y.I.
                A little tip I use from time to time... not illegal just covering ya own RS !!

Print ya self some WTN (waste transfer notes from HMRC website)
                Most Chippies, takeaways will freely give ya the oil, however some try to make some (pin money) on the side, ask them to fill out a WTN most won't/don't want to get involved in this cos it's classed as a Business transaction n recorded via a WTN & you may get hauled in by HMRC to explain ... as your operating as an Individual (make sure ya keep a Copy yaself) if ya Win Win....
                Good Luck n happy filtering ..

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

That's certainly handy, sounds a little like blackmail to me, or maybe its it too early on a Sunday morning, anyway before they knew it was worth anything I bet they just tipped it down the drain, rather than spend money disposing of it, so if a legal document helps "persuade" the chippy to hand over his unwanted oil, so be it!

Comment

Working...
                  X