3rd gen owner help required please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen owner help required please.

Would one of you be so kind as to measure your rear wiper blade as mine seems a bit shorter from what I recall on my old 3rd gen.

Thanks in advance, Si.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

320mm or 12.5"
    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
      320mm or 12.5"
      Thanks Alex, must just be an optical illusion as it is 320mm, just looks too small.

Comment

it,ll be an age thing. Your eyesight is probably failing. Happy to help.
        Сви можемо

Comment

Ye the age thing is always a good excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
            Thanks Alex, must just be an optical illusion as it is 320mm, just looks too small.
            Perhaps it's because it's cold. .
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

I've got a bigger one !!!

Just got the tape measure out and in the privacy of my own drive way measured mine to be a whooping 15" or 380mm !!!

Not just a wiper....Not even an M&S wiper....A full 15 inch wiper !!!

Cheers + ATVB

Philip
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Comment

That'll be the copydex application again Si. Best check for hairy palms.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightyear66 View Post
                  Just got the tape measure out and in the privacy of my own drive way measured mine to be a whooping 15" or 380mm !!!

Not just a wiper....Not even an M&S wiper....A full 15 inch wiper !!!

Cheers + ATVB

Philip
                  Ahh so maybe mine was bigger on my old truck, thanks for that I can now rule out dementia.

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  That'll be the copydex application again Si. Best check for hairy palms.
                  Palms are soft & supple at the minute mate as I use latex gloves.

Comment

Just popped out to measure the wiper blade on your old truck Si, and its 12.5" or 30 odd centimetres

Rog

Comment

Originally posted by fsaroyster View Post
                      Just popped out to measure the wiper blade on your old truck Si, and its 12.5" or 30 odd centimetres

Rog
                      Oh right, seemed bigger, thanks for looking mate.

P.S how my old baby doing?
                      "& I don't mean your other half"

Comment

Lol!

Trucks going well, wish I had more money and time to spend on her to be honest. I started cleaning up the chassis a few weeks back, took off the fuel tank armour thang with the intention of giving it a bit of a rub and got carried away, decided I'd try to get it right back to the bare metal before painting, but then went on holiday for a couple of weeks and I've not touched it since

Other thing I'll mention, as you, and probably the others around here, may have some useful advice, due to circumstances at work I'm now having to drive about 50 miles a day, 90% of which is through the country side, so barely get up to 50mph. Anything I should do to improve things from an mpg point of view, or service/maintenance stuff I should do more regularly? I've decided to get some road tyres, any suggestions? Going to keep an eye out for another set of wheels, so that I can keep my ones in good condition and don't want to wear my GG AT2s out!

Thanks

Rog

Comment

Originally posted by fsaroyster View Post
                          Lol!

Trucks going well, wish I had more money and time to spend on her to be honest. I started cleaning up the chassis a few weeks back, took off the fuel tank armour thang with the intention of giving it a bit of a rub and got carried away, decided I'd try to get it right back to the bare metal before painting, but then went on holiday for a couple of weeks and I've not touched it since

Other thing I'll mention, as you, and probably the others around here, may have some useful advice, due to circumstances at work I'm now having to drive about 50 miles a day, 90% of which is through the country side, so barely get up to 50mph. Anything I should do to improve things from an mpg point of view, or service/maintenance stuff I should do more regularly? I've decided to get some road tyres, any suggestions? Going to keep an eye out for another set of wheels, so that I can keep my ones in good condition and don't want to wear my GG AT2s out!

Thanks

Rog

Hey, Rog. Have you considered running on a blend of pump diesel and filtered WVO ? If you can find a good source, it can do wonders for your fuel bills.
                          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

To be honest Mick, before I go off and search, I don't know what WVO is!

When it came to the cheap(er) fuel stuff I thought I'd missed the boat on that one to be honest? I vaguely remember a few years back people buying gallons of sunflower oil from the local supermarkets for peanuts before "they" got wise to that and upped the prices. Then came the chip shop oil, again they've started charging for it, previously I think they'd give it away...

Rog

Comment

Perhaps look into modifying the overdrive/lockup to kick in at 40mph. The subject is covered at length elsewhere on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X