Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wonky wheels!!

what have i done wrong?
    all i have changed is the shock the extended brake line and added 2" spacers on the ball joint!

am i missing something?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130607_163149.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	1272685

Name:	20130607_163218.jpg
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	1272686

Yup, you missed getting the alignment reset.

you need to get a full alignment check done on the front end minimum to get the camber (I think that's the one) sorted out.

Comment

Or get castor correction bushes.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

That balljoint looks wierd. Whats the threaded section sticking out of the top?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          That balljoint looks wierd. Whats the threaded section sticking out of the top?

Name:	20130607_163218.jpg
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	1257938

added a photo the right way round!

the threads are just longer bolts! ive put the nuts at the top thats all.

Comment

Ah, OK.
            Then I would say you've wound the torsion bars up too much?
            Thats the only reason I can see that would make the wheels lean over at the top like that.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Ah, OK.
              Then I would say you've wound the torsion bars up too much?
              Thats the only reason I can see that would make the wheels lean over at the top like that.
              i`ve not touched the torsion bar! the truck was just standed when i got it and it had no mods.
              the ball joint spacers are the only thing added to the front.
              i`ll take them back off over the weekend and see if the 35s look any straighter.
              the truck all this came off has manual hubs, could that be what straightend them out?
              Last edited by disco73; 7 June 2013, 20:00.

Comment

You need the camber set up. Think of it, when you jack the front of a standard surf up, the wishbones lower and the bottom of the wheels swing inwards. Thats all, you have increased the angle in which the arms sit.
                well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                  You need the camber set up. Think of it, when you jack the front of a standard surf up, the wishbones lower and the bottom of the wheels swing inwards. Thats all, you have increased the angle in which the arms sit.
                  how do i do that?

Comment

Are your spacers all sitting flush with each other and the wishbone. I had spacers like that and had to modify the wish bone to get thm in. In the end I got the spacer kit that come off the hub and not the wishbone, because my wheels were just too wobbly with the spacer kit. That a hell of a camber. They really should never get that bad out.
                    Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

Managed to sort the wheels out a bit!
                      Used the adjustment on the wishbone I think it is, brought the bottom of the wheel out a bit but doesn't seem enough.
                      Might have to take some of the ball joint spacers out and wind the torsion bar up!
                      I also washed the truck!!!

Name:	20130609_092933.jpg
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	1257942

Name:	20130609_092349.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	1257943

Comment

Looks really good. Im stripping down my back end again now amd going to make a a frame on on side of the chassis to the middle. I really like tye different designs and wyat people do with their trucks.
                        Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

Sweet truck you have there.

Comment

Working...
                          X