oh no! surf is upset, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh no! surf is upset, help

I have codes. Flashes 11 times pauses then flashes 12 times then repeats.

Was all fine, moved it 20 yards, turned off, loaded boot, then rolled it forward in neutral with engine off as was on a slope and needed to close garage door.

Restarted the engine and it was suddenly rattly sounding, as soon as a gear is selected the light comes on.

Can't see any plugs of vac pipes off. Drove 10 miles, really low on power with no turbo, and a,constant fuzzy background rattle.

Any ideas?
    well, that was a bad idea!

Did you have a similar problem that you traced to your immobiliser?

IIRC
    12= control valve on the pump

Forget my memory, is this any good?

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8079
    Last edited by shokenore; 9 May 2013, 19:32.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

No the immobiliser issue was it not starting, this just came up all sudden. Have no power atall, really unresponsive to throttle position changes.

Comment

Boost pressure sensor vac pipe disconnected? (The short 'J' shaped piece under the throttle body)
        It can get contaminated with engine oil dripping from the inlet ducting, swell and just drop off.

Comment

Yep, he's still there.

Comment

Does it rev up at all?

Exhaust smokey?
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Bit of black, revs a bit rough and when in gear revs really slow. I get a feeling that the timing may have slipped

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                I get a feeling that the timing may have slipped
                I think so as well. TCV fault can often be a sign of that. Check the timing belt before you drive it again.

Nev.

Comment

May have slipped during shutdown, bit concerning!

Comment

Come to the conclusion that it's probably the head thats gone, 1 mile drive, top hose rock hard blowing coolant into expansion tank. Great!

Not sure if I should bother to fix it or buy another, problem being, I would have to buy a 2.4 as can't insure a 3.0!

Comment

How would the head cracking suddenly cause power loss and rattling sounds?

Comment

Feck knows, but the high pressure in the cooling system before its even warm is making me think this. Surely timing can't cause it.

Comment

Before I save cash to buy a head, any one got any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                            Before I save cash to buy a head, any one got any other ideas?
                            With what you are saying about the top hose it doesn't sound too promising.
                            Coolant gas check will confirm.

If the head is fubared and a 2.4 is your only option, then imho I would repair the head.

From what I remember your truck seems pretty clean and unless you are uncertain of the rest of the mechanicals why take the risk with a different 2.4?

If you get another 2.4 you are just playing the odds that the head on that one is good.
                            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Seems,to be the option, will have to put it as sorn at the end of the month as tax is due. Going to buy a temporary shed of a car to get about then start the saving.

One thing, the 2.4 heads on RT, are they AMC ones? Only states it for the 3.0 ones. Or are there any upgrade options available anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X