charger / jump start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charger / jump start?

Is there a unit that can jump start a car or be left connected 2 charge the bat that dosnt need a mains connection while charging?

Your alternator once the engine is started...

Comment

Need summin I can keep plugged in as its for our summer car so dosnt get much use lol

Comment

isn't there a olar panel thing that will trickle charge the battery.I'm sure i've read/seen someone on here that had one
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Why not just take battery off and put on charge before use? or disconnect the terminals so there no discharge due to a trickle leak?

Comment

http://www.google.co.uk/shopping/pro...ed=0CGMQ8wIwAQ

Comment

That looks just the ticket, thanks guys.

Comment

Have ordered one o these from the bay with a 5m extension cable, Thinking o getting the AA out 2 start it 2day.

Comment

Originally posted by imotep View Post
                  That looks just the ticket, thanks guys.
                  That solar charger will give you just over a whole amp with just ten hours of sunlight.
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Just being pedantic, but an amp is a measure of current flow, so to include time is meaningless.

If you mean you get 1A at 14.4V in sunlight, that makes more sense. It then means you'll 1/4 charge a 40Ah battery in 10 hours (well, just less as efficiency is only about 80%). Sufficient for a trickle charge.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I think he meant the 1.5W panel will produce ~1 Amp over 10 hours of light.

It says 12V / 1.5W so that calculates to 0.125A

Hopefully it produces more than 12V,otherwise it's useless to charge a battery.

Comment

It's 17.5V in the spec, so 80ma or so. Yes it will charge, but only a trickle to keep a decent battery topped up. You'd wait a long time for a full charge.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Yep - I've been looking for a panel to run my fridge for camping (or at least extend the leisure battery an extra couple of days) and they get pricey quick...

Comment

What's the power rating of your fridge - getting a second battery might be a cheaper option.

I've got an 80w panel for our caravan which does fine but we run the fridge on gas so the drain on the battery's limited to radio, TV, lights (mainly LEDs) and water pump

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

What's the power rating of your fridge - getting a second battery might be a cheaper option.

I've got an 80w panel for our caravan which does fine but we run the fridge on gas so the drain on the battery's limited to radio, TV, lights (mainly LEDs) and water pump

You might be right Bob...

My fridge is meant to use about 1A per hour. I have a 115Ah leisure battery on a split charge system. I've had 3 days camping with it perfect in the UK which should be about the batterys limits (assuming 50% discharge as the most you'd want on the battery)

I'd like to squeeze another 2 days out of the system. As always money and space is tight.

Funnily enough it's only in the UK I need this system as every campsite I've done in europe has had mains hook up

Comment

Working...
                              X