No announcement yet.

dealer trying to fob me off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about your probs M8, i'd agree with the other views expressed so far; the dealer is responsible for this mess.

The only thing i'd add is, be sure that you get a new head and be very wary of 're-conditioned'. The key is whether or not the recon has been tarted up by abrasive blasting. If this is the case, there's a chance that all of the cleaning abrasive won't have been removed, and will wind up knackering your engine as it circulates in the oil. How do i know this, well unfortunately it happened to me, and required a bottom end re-build to fix. I had the re-build done by Engine co (AKA stevo on the forum), who has seen this sort of problem before. Obviously, if the recon is thoroughly cleaned after the blasting and you could be absolutely sure of it being completely free of the abrasive, it would be OK. The consequences of residual abrasive are severe. I wouldn't take the risk of a re-con, but others might, and may have had a more fortunate experience.

Comment

good news spoke to the owner of the garage today not the sales man and I just explained I was not happy with the mota and wanted my money back and to be honest he was a gent and gave me a full refund without any fuss and I am now the proud owner of a 1998 3ltr ssrg ltd edition so don't take any sh*t if your not happy demand your money back the law is on your side
      Last edited by TAF; 9 September 2004, 22:48.
      TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by TAF
        good news spoke to the owner of the garage today not the sales man and I just explained I was not happy with the mota and wanted my money back and to be honest he was a gent and gave me a full refund without any fuss and I am now the proud owner of a 1998 3ltr ssrg ltd edition so don't take any sh*t if your not happy demand your money back the law is on your side
        Brilliant news Taf. I guess you are like a dog with er...... two tails. Heres to many miles of trouble free Surfing!!!!!!!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X