No announcement yet.

"Bling" or "Business"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a few photographs take of the build I just wish I had taken some more
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Jim,...., you'll probably find plenty of owners who'll join you on your laning trips.
      Not once they find out they have to pay! You know what this lot are like...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Tow

"With regards to the picture I reckon you are gonna need a tow-"

A kinetic rope was was the only item able to cope with the weight of the water filled Surf and the lack of grp on the muddy river bank !! % massive tugs on the rope and we were out of the water and out of danger from the rising river!!
        www.lanestracksandtrails.co.uk Devon Rep GLASS

Comment

Originally posted by Jimpics57 View Post
          "With regards to the picture I reckon you are gonna need a tow-"

A kinetic rope was was the only item able to cope with the weight of the water filled Surf and the lack of grp on the muddy river bank !! % massive tugs on the rope and we were out of the water and out of danger from the rising river!!
          If you had bothered to read the post properly you would have seen that it said tow- boat.

Perhaps if you had decided to cross a tidal river in a boat or at least referred to a tide chart and perhaps had taken the crossing at low tide then there would have been no drama.

I don't understand why anybody would want to get into such a blatantly dangerous situation on purpose.
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Hide & Seek

Seems a bit strange to me to hide words away from the post!

It was low tide, the safe exit was blocked by a huge fallen tree hidden from view at both ends of the track.

We followed the procedures we set out for such situations and the result was a successful recovery and we gained considerable experience from the day.

It may have seemed a crazy thing to do but circumstances can change and leave only one exit route which has to be tackled head-on.

Experience of such situations will hopefully not be needed again, but if they do arise we know what to do and how to do it calmly and clinically.

The Surf was driven from Plymouth to Calne just three hours after the photo was taken! Toyota's legendary reputation trusted to the hilt!

Comment

Originally posted by 4 Runner View Post
              Here are a few photographs take of the build I just wish I had taken some more
              thats smart, your only up the road from myself - how much would you want to make one for a gen2?

Comment

Seems a bit strange to me to hide words away from the post!

It was low tide, the safe exit was blocked by a huge fallen tree hidden from view at both ends of the track.

We followed the procedures we set out for such situations and the result was a successful recovery and we gained considerable experience from the day.

It may have seemed a crazy thing to do but circumstances can change and leave only one exit route which has to be tackled head-on.

Experience of such situations will hopefully not be needed again, but if they do arise we know what to do and how to do it calmly and clinically.

The Surf was driven from Plymouth to Calne just three hours after the photo was taken! Toyota's legendary reputation trusted to the hilt!
                No matter how you dress it up I still regard what you have done to be reckless.
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                  No matter how you dress it up I still regard what you have done to be reckless.
                  Your opinion may well be right but I like a little adventure and will always plan to something with that little bit of adrenaline needed to make the day exciting!

As the Solihull Brigade say ''One Life Live It'' but not with a square box!!

Comment

Your opinion may well be right but I like a little adventure and will always plan to something with that little bit of adrenaline needed to make the day exciting!

As the Solihull Brigade say ''One Life Live It'' but not with a square box!!
                    I am with you on the adrenaline, not doubt we could trade tales of daring do

BTW any relation?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...h-time-1552163
                    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Seen your L20 today parked up in calne, not far from me. Was off t' shops and seen it hiding in a driveway.
                      well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

my surf is my workhorse so i'm a little reluctant to go too crazy offroad just yet. i had a 2nd gen a few years ago and the first time i did any proper offroading i managed to rip the tail pipe off!! i'll probably do a LC spring kit lift before i do anything too daring with this one, but during the week i rely on it being in one piece and the wife doesn't take too kindly to getting muddy legs when she is putting our 15 month old daughter in the car seat.

there are a few surfs in my neck of the woods, the guy who runs the PYO in the village has one on a S plate and theres a 2nd gen (i think its a surf) in the village too. You dont see too many touaregs, discovery 4s or x5s with mud on the roof around here thats for sure and there are plenty of them!!

Comment

L20

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                          Seen your L20 today parked up in calne, not far from me. Was off t' shops and seen it hiding in a driveway.
                          Was visiting in-laws and recceing some byways for trip at the end of April.

Ridgeway closed at the moment - shame

Comment

Relation?

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                            I am with you on the adrenaline, not doubt we could trade tales of daring do

BTW any relation?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...h-time-1552163
                            No - he doesn't have the same ability to get himself out of the water without calling the Emergency Services!!

Comment

It opens up again in may. Can't wait, got a map ready for a good day driving the lanes.
                              well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Plains this weekend

Hey Muddle,

Tourung the Plains this weekend if you fancy a drive around.

Text me on 07855 213355 as I will be offline and in L20

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X