it's alive, it's alive! mwah ha ha hah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's alive, it's alive! mwah ha ha hah

Well after nearly two and a half years of standing idle the truck fired into for the first time . All it took was a fresh battery and a quick squirt of easy start. I've only moved it about 10 feet up and down the driveway and had the engine idling for about 15 minutes and couldn't spot any leaks, knocks, noises, etc. Going to do oil and filters change when i get a chance. Anything else I'll need to do?
    Hold my beer and watch this

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
    Well after nearly two and a half years of standing idle the truck fired into for the first time . All it took was a fresh battery and a quick squirt of easy start. I've only moved it about 10 feet up and down the driveway and had the engine idling for about 15 minutes and couldn't spot any leaks, knocks, noises, etc. Going to do oil and filters change when i get a chance. Anything else I'll need to do?
    Tax, insurance, MOT, Tyre pressures, tyres - cracks/flat spots from standing, check brakes for high spot rust where the pad has been in contact with disc. Air con will stink. I'd top up the fuel now rather than running it on a little very old fuel.... depends how much you have in it.
    loads more probably. Why did you park her up for so long?
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Tyres needed replacing before it went into storage. The air con was removed ages ago. Got about 1/4 tank of diesel. Lost job and money got tight and couldn't run two cars.
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
        Anything else I'll need to do?
        Bin that ugly arsed front bumper!!

Welcome back. Take it easy on the brakes for 10 mins, to clean the discs and drums, and like WR said get some decent fuel in it reasonably quickly.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Nice one Jas welcome back ....

11+ Years of Surf's ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Mines been parked up for almost a year, and i'm planning on returning it to the road in the next month or so (well before the threat of any snow) hopefully it will fire up as easily!

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...10622-2011.jpg
            Last edited by s1mon; 6 October 2012, 18:49.

Comment

Working...
            X