Rear brake sticking on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear brake sticking on

What would cause the rear near side brake to stick? I'be had it adjusted before but its done it again.
    The wheel nuts warm up and they then come loose!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Mine was the arm that attached to the axle for the handbrake cable's, it was slightly seized as it didn't return all the way back, so it kept the shoes against the drum which would heat up and start dragging.
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks,
      wd-40 sort it?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

NOOOOO - WD40 is NOT a lubricant !!!

I'm not familiar with the part in question but I'd suggest dismantling it if possible, cleaning off any crap, removing any corrosion and re-assembling with a light coating of MS2

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

NOOOOO - WD40 is NOT a lubricant !!!

Think of it as degreaser and you'll soon stop spraying it over greasy parts.

In order to prove my point, after fiddling with the oily bits, spray some on your hands and rub together - the grease just breaks down 10X better than swarfeger...
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Think of it as "magic mist" Tony. Spray loads of it onto anything thats not right, sqeaky hinges, stuck bolts, wet alternators, and if you dont get the results you want, try again till the tin is empty.
            Сви можемо

Comment

and after 6 weeks it'll form a crust of solid varnish - OK on loose fitted parts but no good at all on things with any level of fit ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

lol
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

If ya can't find any use for it on ya Truck Tony spay it on ya Joints n rub it in If ya have Arthritis

11+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                    If ya can't find any use for it on ya Truck Tony spay it on ya Joints n rub it in If ya have Arthritis

Way ahead of you, Jess

Car is booked in to a mechanic as I'm not going out in the rain.

Does anyone in this thread know where, or have wheel studs? I may as well change all 6 since one of them has broke - may be due to the wheel coming loose and banging on the stud.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Ya could try ya local stealer Tony mine got me some a couple o' years ago ...

Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                        Ya could try ya local stealer Tony mine got me some a couple o' years ago ...

Thanks will do. Have also asked a question in the main thread to see if anyone has any good ideas. I'd like to replace all six as I really don't know why one has snapped. But all six from roughtrax will be pricey.
                        Thanks again Jess sorry have not replied sooner – have only been back in England a week and have not stopped. I’ll be glad to get back to work – it’s easier!
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Buncefield Burner

Comment

Roughtrax it is, then.
                            Local Toyota's wanted all kinds of numbers which I'm unable to get right now.
                            Local motor factors don't stock them
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                              What would cause the rear near side brake to stick? I'be had it adjusted before but its done it again.
                              The wheel nuts warm up and they then come loose!
                              Rear wheel cylinder could be partially siezed!

Comment

Working...
                              X