Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one looks nice.......
    http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/sh...l-terrain.html

Colour code the lower half and it would look really smart.

Comment

That's what I'd really like to see, some of these other colours when fully colour coded, really changes the look I think, and could be a winner, that ones been around for a fair while though, not sure why, looks and sounds good to me...

On the other hand though BushWhacker, I reckon this has your name all over it, even got a V8 in...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MONSTER-TR...#ht_855wt_1398

Comment

By the way BushWhacker, did you buy yours colour coded, or did you get it done, do it yourself? If you got it done, do you mind me asking roughly how much it cost, as I'll effectively need to factor this into my price, I'm probably dreaming, but thinking if I 'pop' the bumpers and arches off, take them in to a decent paint place it might only be a couple of hundred?

Thanks in advance

Rog

Comment

Originally posted by fsaroyster View Post

I reckon this has your name all over it, even got a V8 in...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MONSTER-TR...#ht_855wt_1398

A V8 for the soundtrack only, about the same power output as the 3.0 intercooled diesel.

Comment

Ferg66 - Here's a nice one for you, only down the road too, or not depending on how bad my geography is

"Champagne Silver", £2500. Looks really nice, 70k, very tidy, horrible wood stuff inside, but I guess that can hopefully be removed/replaced, but some people might like plastic wood in their vehicles ?!?!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1501?logcode=p

Comment

Anyone know if the lower front bumper on the Surf above is genuine Toyota, or what its called?

Again, another really nice touch, like the built in fog lights, will need to be on my to get list

Stole a pic as its easier this way :P

Last edited by fsaroyster; 9 September 2012, 20:31.

Comment

By the way BushWhacker, did you buy yours colour coded, or did you get it done, do it yourself? If you got it done, do you mind me asking roughly how much it cost, as I'll effectively need to factor this into my price, I'm probably dreaming, but thinking if I 'pop' the bumpers and arches off, take them in to a decent paint place it might only be a couple of hundred?

Thanks in advance

Rog

It came from the factory looking like it does now, apart from the 18" alloys and the black carpeting.
                I painted the chrome front bumper black as I er, dented it using a Nissan Navara as a buffer due to an ice covered carpark, easier than importing a new bumper!

The dash looks like this...

It's called a Hilux Surf 'Navigator' apparently.

Comment

Anyone know if the lower front bumper on the Surf above is genuine Toyota, or what its called?

Again, another really nice touch, like the built in fog lights, will need to be on my to get list
                  Yeah it's a factory option part.
                  It's called a valance by the way.

Comment

That's really nice, your current wheels really set it off. Looking at a few of the pics I've seen of yours, it doesn't look like you've got what I (noob) would call offroad tyres, more like normal road tyres, as a result I think yours looks more sporty, which isn't a bad thing

Your interior is quite a bit more modern looking, not seen that before. I just wish Toyota had done a black interior. Seen a few with black seats in them, but no black dash, generally grey, blue, beige or for a few really 'lucky' folks red, but from memory I think the red interiors were 2nd Gen.

I saw a post on the US 4Runner site where some guy had attempted to black his interior, dash, carpets, etc. I think it looked pretty good, considering I think he'd basically painted the various bits of dash himself. Its something I'll be very interested in, maybe even go as far as getting another dash from a breaker and do a few test runs, will be fun swapping out the dash though I'm sure, things like airbags scare me. I had enough fun doing that on my Mk2 Golf GTI (25yr old car), things are held in by a couple of bolts and a bracket or two, that still took me a weekend!

Rog

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Yeah it's a factory option part.
                      It's called a valance by the way.
                      So if I was able to source one of those valances, unless I'm lucky enough to get a 3rd gen with one already, does it more or less just bolt on to the standard bumper? The standard bumper looks to be two piece, so I guess so?

On second thoughts, looking at pics of 3rd gens without any form of nudge bar, it would seem it wouldn't just bolt on, or even if it did it wouldn't match as such, so I'd need to be looking for the whole bumper and valance, I'm sure that'd come cheap, even if someone breaking one :/
                      Last edited by fsaroyster; 9 September 2012, 21:02.

Comment

That's really nice, your current wheels really set it off. Looking at a few of the pics I've seen of yours, it doesn't look like you've got what I (noob) would call offroad tyres, more like normal road tyres, as a result I think yours looks more sporty, which isn't a bad thing

It's had 255/55/R18 General Grabber A/T2s on it since Xmas '09.

Your interior is quite a bit more modern looking, not seen that before. I just wish Toyota had done a black interior. Seen a few with black seats in them, but no black dash, generally grey, blue, beige or for a few really 'lucky' folks red, but from memory I think the red interiors were 2nd Gen.

I dyed the carpet black with this
                        ......http://www.valeterspride.co.uk/black...mical-69-p.asp

If I was to colour the dash, I would take it out and vinyl wrap it, not paint it.

p.s. Airbags are safe as long as you disconnect the battery/ies before handling them.

Comment

So if I was able to source one of those valances, unless I'm lucky enough to get a 3rd gen with one already, does it more or less just bolt on to the standard bumper? The standard bumper looks to be two piece, so I guess so?

On second thoughts, looking at pics of 3rd gens without any form of nudge bar, it would seem it wouldn't just bolt on, or even if it did it wouldn't match as such, so I'd need to be looking for the whole bumper and valance, I'm sure that'd come cheap, even if someone breaking one :/
                          They're not really nudge bars, well mine isn't anyway, just a token gesture.
                          The lower valance is secured to the bumper with six or eight self tapping screws/bolts.

Comment

Cool, cheers for all the info, really helpful. Just need to get myself a Surf now. I have to admit I'm really liking all the different options there are for Surfs, I've got all these grand plans, admittedly its all basically cosmetic, not been bitten by the bigger engine bug yet, but in my mind I've got a pretty cool truck in the making

Comment

Ferg66 - Here's a nice one for you, only down the road too, or not depending on how bad my geography is

"Champagne Silver", £2500. Looks really nice, 70k, very tidy, horrible wood stuff inside, but I guess that can hopefully be removed/replaced, but some people might like plastic wood in their vehicles ?!?!!
                              Hey fsaroyster thank's for the link - that's pretty much what I am after and ticks most of my boxes, but no sunroof unfortunately and that's a must for me

If I spot any nice black ones, I'll be sure to let you know.

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76994

I need better pics, that one doesnt do it justice. I'll upload more when i get home from work.

Comment

Working...
                                X