Just replaced starter motor parts.....and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fieldsy
    Not at all Rich, they look excellent, thanks for the help. Idea was just to help people with this concurring problem on surfs and to show how easy and cheap to resolve.

Great job Rich
    Cheers Fieldsy...been down to Toyota Parts Division in Bolton and got Starter Kit on order. Should be available Saturday and as you say only £35
    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
      Cheers Fieldsy...been down to Toyota Parts Division in Bolton and got Starter Kit on order. Should be available Saturday and as you say only £35
      Gizmo, let us know if the part nos Fieldsy gave for the 3rd gen, apply for the 2nd gen. Is the motor the same for 3 ltrs as for 2.4 head bangers???

Comment

I have to investigate this on a 2nd Gen 2LTE. Starter motor is in the same place... and access is supposed to be through the passenger footwell....

I will post the associated pictures if the are different from Fieldsy's

andyL

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
          no probs m8

hope it goes nice 'n' easy for ya

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
            Gizmo, let us know if the part nos Fieldsy gave for the 3rd gen, apply for the 2nd gen. Is the motor the same for 3 ltrs as for 2.4 head bangers???
            Hi JimL, cant remember the part no's written down by the guy at the parts counter..but had a good look at the EPC program whilst he was using it.....basically just walked in with the model number off the plate on the bulkhead and he looked them up and got them ordered.

When picking them up on Saturday will try and remember to post the part numbers.

I have noticed on the 2nd Gen 3.0l that the Auto Transmission Dipstick could be in the way and make things even harder!
            Last edited by Gizmo; 29 October 2004, 11:47. Reason: added extra information
            Gaz

Comment

Did my starter contacts this weekend, no real problems thanks to Feildsy’s notes but a couple of things that might help others; If you remove the oil filter and unbolt the fuel filter and bracket from the bulk head you get a lot more room to remove the starter once it’s unbolted. If you have a manual the clutch hose is attached by the lower starter motor mounting bolt, remove this first then unbolt the clutch slave cylinder; just two bolts and easy to get at, it gives a lot more space to undo the power cable nut and top mounting nut. Don’t forget to bolt it back on when you’re done and add a blob of grease to the pivot while you’re at it.

Comment

Working...
              X