X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I do with it?

I have one of these I am restoring.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/toyo/page3.html

Now I need the leadscrew. Can anyone tell me where I put it?

Nev

Well.......................... .............................. ..............

It`s quite late here, I clicked on your link but it was all written in tiny little letters with big words, apparently my glasses have malfunctioned and I can only see things that are 2 inches or less away from me, I lost interest in reading it very quickly

Have you checked down the back of the sofa?

Comment

Originally posted by JD_975 View Post

Have you checked down the back of the sofa?
      No, don't have a sofa. Pretty sure it's where I last put it unless it grew legs and walked away. I know it's in a safe place.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
        No, don't have a sofa. Pretty sure it's where I last put it unless it grew legs and walked away. I know it's in a safe place.

Nev
        You only have yourself to blame then, you really should have got a sofa, if you had got one thats almost certainly where it would have been!

I have no sympathy

Comment

Thanks guys. Found it. It was in the last place I put it and right where I already looked a dozen times.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
            Thanks guys. Found it. It was in the last place I put it and right where I already looked a dozen times.

Nev
            Was it in one of the drawers, in the bureau ?
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

No, standing in a corner near the bedroom door hiding behind a few other things there.

Now can you tell me if there is anywhere in the world I can buy a MT1.5. Thats between a MT1 and an MT2 which are common Morse Tapers. This lathe apparently has MT1.5 in the spindle.

Nev

Comment

Some reading here:

http://www.model-engineer.co.uk/foru...s.asp?th=41757
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  Thanks mate but everyone suggests that link which I know about. Somehow makes me wonder if it really is a Morse Taper. A Jarno taper may be close but I will have to measure it sometime. Doubt the Japanes would use a Brown and Sharp taper. Maybe a Metric Taper of some sort though. Not an easy thing to measure.

Nev

Comment

Matt suggests this one: http://www.newmantools.com/tech

No idea if this might be of any use, but includes info for another possibility, the Jacob's taper, plus a Yank based taper. One of those might come close.

Comment

Another suggestion:

Another option might be nipping into any form of tool hire or tool repair place near him and seeing if they have a stash of tapers he can test with. They tend to keep some really esoteric stuff knocking about just incase they might ever find a use for it, if they're owt like one I know of around here.

Comment

Working...
                      X