No announcement yet.

help needed, at a loss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check all the engine earth points, including the one at the rear of the head/block deck.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Firts up, forget looking for a Fuel Cut Solenoid. THe SCV does this and do not remove it. If voltage is ok with ignition on, then it may be ok. Loosen the connection at fuel line on the bleeder at top front of pump. Crank engine to bleed. Do the same again for injectors. Have you checked the o-ring on the drain tap as I suggested?

Nev

Comment

Ok ill leave the scv for now, its not a leak or air issue its the fact that no fuel is leaving the pump. If this is earth related which im hoping it is ill be very happy. Can you give me a clue as th where thhe strap is I should be looking for? Ill check it after work this evening. And can this earth strap cause the scv not to work

Thanks guys.
        well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Bleed the pump.

Earth lead -

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ight=ecu+earth

This is not on my manual.

Nev

Comment

right, that earth strap isn't there atall. don't understand why, can i connect a jump lead to it then to the chassis to see if that the problem?

where can i get a new one? and where does the other end of that strap go to?

Comment

Try the jump lead from block to earth first.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Or block to somewhere on the inner wing, don't bury the other end of the jump lead in the garden, it won't help.

Comment

put a lead on each negative terminal to different points of the engine and nothing.

just wondering, could it be alarm/immobiliser related? and does the SCV have a fuse or relay anywhere?

Comment

@ yoshie and kerrsurf, i cant find this topic where you had a dodgy wire, can you post me a link please.

Comment

guessing it's the pump i have to change, can i get a direct replacement pump that does not include the SCV, more of a mechanical pump out of an older hilux for example. as it may be cheaper and more reliable? any input on this is much appreciated.

Comment

now sat on my sofa in a mood, ugh, no surf sucks!

but now im thinking, i know the SCV gets power from the ECU to open and allow fuel flow, but if its getting power why would it not open other than its dead. its getting 4.58V never more, does it need more to open and something isnt allowing this to happen?

or can there be something else in the pump, other than the SCV that can block flow to the injectors?

as said, i know i have good flow going to the pump, but nothing comes out. so must be a valve or blockage.

i really dont want to take the pump out unless i know its the item at fault, what else am i not checking.

grr poor surf all upset looking through my window at me as i look back with hatred!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                          @ yoshie and kerrsurf, i cant find this topic where you had a dodgy wire, can you post me a link please.
                          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64661
                          Brian

Comment

thanks yoshie, going to look at wiring tomorrow. could it in any way be immobiliser related?

and the 2 wires from the SCV go into a plug then into the loom then where? but they get voltage, dont know if its enough but its there, on the live side anyway.

thats a point, the 2 wires on the plug for the SCV one is live and one is earth right? or am i wrong as it would earth through the engine/chassis? and one of these wires would be broken?

should i get voltage on both or just the red.

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                              thanks yoshie, going to look at wiring tomorrow. could it in any way be immobiliser related?

and the 2 wires from the SCV go into a plug then into the loom then where? but they get voltage, dont know if its enough but its there, on the live side anyway.

thats a point, the 2 wires on the plug for the SCV one is live and one is earth right? or am i wrong as it would earth through the engine/chassis? and one of these wires would be broken?

should i get voltage on both or just the red.
                              Don't let my avatar slogan fool you. I built an off road buggy that had 6 wires in it and watch it catch fire the night before an event as I showed it off to Albannach. That's what happens when every wire including the earths are made live. Made for an interesting morning before Alan and I headed off to the mud.

Most who know me stop me after battery charging and do the rest themselves.
                              Brian

Comment

LOL, just read that thread, what a fookin nightmare that was. Once again the boffins on here and in particular TonyN proved their worth.
                                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                                X