cheapest lift possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapest lift possible?

what is the cheapest way of lifting a surf? and what would you say is best, suspension or body? only looking a 2 inch for now. planning on 33s.

is it best to get the cheap way and fit the bodylift blocks or is suspension a better way? will be off roading from time to time too.

i understand you can do it on the torsion bars and landcruiser spring but what model landcruiser do you need springs from? and are uprated shocks needed? and is it ok do do it 2 inches on the bars?

ta
    well, that was a bad idea!

You won't be off roading on 33s with only 2" of lift. No where near enough clearance. Far better to leave standard and spend money on quality mud tyres
    Brian

Comment

Landcruiser springs? On a Surf?? Someone is pulling your leg pal.

p.s. There is no cheap way to lift a Surf to fit 33"s.

Comment

for 33"
        this
        and 2" body lift
        and still rub a little in full lock unless you want to add this
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

I have a 2 inch suspension from uprated springs and wound up tortion bars, and a 2 inch body lift to fit my 33's.

They fit and dont rub at all even at full lock but I must stress that this is only because I have a good amount of offset on my rims and when I say they dont rub I mean they dont but only just, see photo, (cant even fit my thumb nail in between), so trust me and a few others when we say that just a 2 inch suspension will not fit 33's.

If you never 4wd (you would be mad not to with a surf ) you will have enough clearance height with 2 inch suspension but still rub at full steering lock regardless.

Stick with some good grippy 31's unless you really need it and can afford to do it properly, suspension is too important to take half arse measures modifying
          Attached Files
          Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

Used 80 series cruiser springs give about 3 to 4 inch lift. Done quite a lot down here because they can be picked up cheap. Personally think it's a bit much for the Surf though.

Nev

Comment

good info lads thanks, i already have 31'' bfg mud terrains but wanted that extra oooomph. love to look with 33s and lifted, thought you could do it on 2 inch, so would be looking a 4 then, or would a 2 inch and 31s still bee good for off roading, which i do a lot of.......... live near loads of byways and cant help it, plus do the plains runs.

just need (want) a tad extra clearance and for it to look bigger.

Comment

Take the steps off!! cheapest visual lift without spending a dime
                i have 80 series rear springs, bit stiff but ok, no need of the ARB as well
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

steps are off buddy, going to get 30mm spacers first see if that helps the look.

Comment

Tbh mate with a 2.4 I would do a 2" suspension lift and stick with 31s if you are offroading it a lot. I had 33s on my old 2.4 and noticed the difference laning , yes it had extra clearance but it lost a lot of grunt due to the extra turning radius of the tyres.
                    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

would this be good for lifting a little?

or will it cause issues? its so cheap!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-hil...#ht_500wt_1054

Comment

right scrap all the previous, i want a 2 inch lift, which will be used for off roading whats the best way to go about this and whats the cheapest. and what are the drawbacks of the cheapest over the best?

ta

Comment

Two inch body lift. Gobs a joodun.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

no good for off roading tho is it?

Comment

Ok then if your sure you want to,

Body lifts are cheap but dont fix saggy arse and you have to extend your front bumper and gearstick, so if you are good at metal fab or a mate willing to help do a little welding for you go for it.

Suspension lift, either spacers or uprated springs in the rear and wind the tortion bars up in the front, but not too far in the front or you will have no travel at all once they are too stiff from pre-load. This can be as cheap if not cheaper than a body lift providing you dont go above 2 inch as then you WILL NEED longer shocks, im still running factory shocks in front and standard aftermarkets in rear.

(those ball joint spacers once installed will require a wheel alignment so stick with tortion bars if doing on the cheap)

Might also be worth a note that when I just had suspension 2 inch and no body lift I was rocking around on 32's, not that much smaller than 33's I have now and never rubbed, but bearing in mind again have a look at the photos I posted earlier where my thumbnail only just fits at full lock and those are well offset rims, the wider the tyres the more offset rims you WILL need (or spacers but not as good as rims)

And most importantly of all after lifting your truck, SLOW DOWN AROUND CORNERS!!!!
                              I have tweaked mine a bit and it can handle fastish corners but a lifted truck wont do em as well as original height trucks as the center of gravity is well up from the normal
                              Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

Working...
                              X