intercooled up again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intercooled up again

Finally got round to refitting the intercooler, removed it originally as the outlet hose clip was catching the throttle butterfly, drilled out a new outlet (on the side) and blanked off the old hole, had to buy a couple new silicon bends etc, but i forgot what a difference it made, much better even with the extra ton of ironwork i must have added also fitted the air switch and got the winch powered up, only prob with it was the cr@p remote switch plug and socket on the solinoid box, bugga all contact so i had to cut it out and join with a connector, just need to feed the cable on the drum now but i'll need a hand with that, going to get my sone to let me pull his landrover (in nutral) so i can load the drum under slight load,
    fitted the solinoid box where you see, it's easily removed to get at the steering fluid tank and the power lead fuses i stuck up a bit of silicon hose to minimise shorting out with a spanner accidentially
    Attached Files
    Last edited by POPEYE; 21 April 2012, 20:01.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Nice job there as always Ian. I have not forgot your bits you wanted doing, just waiting for the Steel in the size you needed, BTW I didnt receive the 2nd email with the revised drawing.

Comment

No rush at all Dave, in fact i'm going to see if "mrsilicone" (a seller on ebay) will do a swop for some returned hose and joiners for a 63mm od 180deg alloy bend so i can stick it on the snorkel tube i have fitted, went out the other day and it pi$$ed down, had to stick a dog pooh bag over the end when i parked up, i didn't do another drawing, sorry, will get one done, and thanks for the comments

Comment

OK matey if you need any help let me know. I am sure the Ebay seller will be "flexable" for you !

Comment

i see you got some red heat shrink ian... i found some in our stores as well if you need more...

Comment

Cheer's Rob, i did have a short piece of red but not enough to cover the whole lenght, the cable in the pic is what came with the winch, ya got one red and one black in just over 1.5mt lenghts, these are the battery leads, what i needed was to extend the other three from the solidoid box to the winch, all wired and running ok only thing that let it down was the rubbish plug and socket on the hand held control,

Comment

i will get the red heat shrink rom my stores and try get them into the post to you if you feel the need to "colour code"....

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                i will get the red heat shrink rom my stores and try get them into the post to you if you feel the need to "colour code"....
                Great mate, let me know what i owe ya,

Comment

Working...
                X