X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Challenge

I know we all enjoy one of these....

You have £6k to buy a car.

It must be reasonably reliable and have reasonable access to spares.
    Insurance is not a problem.
    Fuel consumption is not a problem.
    Practicality is not a problem.
    Comfort is not a problem.

What do you buy?

Originally posted by Thrifty
    i would spend around £1500 on another surf, and put the rest in a investment fund, with a certain amount of risk, after blowing £200 on a party for friends.
    so technically not answering your challenge as i could not warrent spending that sort of cash on a car ever

Yet another f***ing useless post from you!

Comment

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...s/v8?logcode=p

then stick it in the surf
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
        Although that is an undeniably lovely car, John, it doesn't have the same 1UZ FE V8 that Vince, and others use to make a Lexurf.......And Sanch, I'd be tempted to look at something 60's V8, and American.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
          I know we all enjoy one of these....

You have £6k to buy a car.

It must be reasonably reliable and have reasonable access to spares.
          Insurance is not a problem.
          Fuel consumption is not a problem.
          Practicality is not a problem.
          Comfort is not a problem.

What do you buy?
          A daily driver; maybe a 350z, tt or a clk 320, 500 dependent on how I felt arriving at the sale room.

As a toy; a vintage lorry, westfield {bike engined} top of my current toy list for 6k would be this or for running in the modern class this
          Brian

Comment

Renault Alpine... Any Alfa. Pug 205 1.9 gti.... Datsun 240 or 260z. Most of all the first car I ever owned 1972-1975 Toyota celica.
            Last edited by Overland Tonka; 12 April 2012, 23:11.
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

I'm thinking more toy than anything else, but it does need to be road legal.

I had a stupid idea that I shared with TonyN a while ago. Maybe time to resurrect it....

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                Although that is an undeniably lovely car, John, it doesn't have the same 1UZ FE V8 that Vince, and others use to make a Lexurf........
                Don't let either accuracy or reality get in the way of a good idea....!
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                  Renault Alpine... Any Alfa. Pug 205 1.9 gti.... Datsun 240 or 260z. Most of all the first car I ever owned 1972-1975 Toyota celica.
                  Kev I think you will need in excess of 12k for the first on that list.
                  Brian

Comment

I had a stupid idea that I shared with TonyN a while ago. Maybe time to resurrect it....
                    Give us a clue
                    Brian

Comment

Okay......

so,
                      Fast toy
                      Muddy Toy
                      Track Toy
                      Hill Climb Toy
                      Rock Crawler Toy
                      1/4 mile Toy
                      1 Mile Toy
                      Tunnel Running Toy
                      Posing Toy
                      Sunday afternoon tootle to the local pub toy?

If I had a toy, it would be one I could use on a regular basis without having to go somewhere special... other than get it out the garage.
                      Maybe something like a lotus 7 type or an AC Cobra replica.
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                        was the question "THAT" inteligent to start with its only an opinion roll your eyes a bit and tut some it will make you feel better
                        Here we go again.................

If you haven't got a grown up to help you out, here is a little cut out and keep guide for you...

1. Is this post directed at me?
                        2. If yes, then go to 9. If no, go to 3.
                        3. Have I got anything useful to add to this discussion? If yes, go to 4. If no, go to 5.
                        4. Seriously? That isn't useful is it? I mean actually useful, as in adding to the discussion. If yes, go to 9. If no, go to 5.
                        5. Have I got anything funny to add that while it might not enlighten the board, will nevertheless entertain them? If yes, go to 6. If no, go to 9.
                        6. Really? Experience suggests this is rather unlikely. By my reckoning there has been roughly 1 funny post out of 1721 (and counting). Let's think carefully about this. Still yes? Then go to 7.
                        7. You are wrong. Ring a friend to confirm this. If the telephone lines are all down, go to 8.
                        8. Take some deep breaths, go for a walk, and see if you think it is still worth replying in an hour. If yes, go to 9.
                        9. Sorry, the powers that be have carefully considered your request to post a reply. The request has been declined.
                        Please call again soon and have a nice day.
                        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                          Kev I think you will need in excess of 12k for the first on that list.
                          If it's a GTA V6, they're about 6k.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                            Okay......

so,
                            Fast toy
                            Muddy Toy
                            Track Toy
                            Hill Climb Toy
                            Rock Crawler Toy
                            1/4 mile Toy
                            1 Mile Toy
                            Tunnel Running Toy
                            Posing Toy
                            Sunday afternoon tootle to the local pub toy?

If I had a toy, it would be one I could use on a regular basis without having to go somewhere special... other than get it out the garage.
                            Maybe something like a lotus 7 type or an AC Cobra replica.
                            Posing or Sunday afternoon toy. Fast would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                              Give us a clue
                              It involved a surf and an angle grinder. Of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X