• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forget derv th!nk sunflowers...

No queues here...
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Produ.../?id=271168790
    on for another month as well...
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
      Chaps I agree completely with the criticism of the idiotic panic buying mindset. My plan was to drive thru the UK fuelling as necessary but if garages have run out I will miss Eurostar connections and hotels etc.
      Just how bad is it at the moment, here in N Ireland I have not noticed any changes.
      Are you taking the Eurostar? or le Shuttle. If you're bringing your truck to France theres no issues here,and diesel is about £1.20 a liter!

Bon voyage

Mark

Comment

Well Llandudno (North Wales) has jumped on the band wagon, big queues at the pumps local garage restricting how much people can buy. So Vulch I'd carry the extra fuel if you can mate Holyhead and the rest of a55 garages will be same soon enough.

Aldi has some veg oil on offer this week, I'll go queue there instead.

Albannach is 100% right, it's the panic buying/hoarding that causes the shortage.

cal
        Last edited by Calos; 29 March 2012, 09:08.
        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

It's all those panic buying idiots that cause the shortages! As a driving instructor, my fuel usage is unavoidable, and quite high. It gripped my $hit to have to queue for 20 minutes at Morrisons last night.........On a happier note, I've just taken delivery of 240 litres of very clean WVO, at 40p per litre, with a promise of a continual supply......Just wish I had a driving school car that would run on it...........
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
            Are you taking the Eurostar? or le Shuttle. If you're bringing your truck to France theres no issues here,and diesel is about £1.20 a liter!

Bon voyage

Mark
            Well le shuttle ...the Surf is booked on the train thingy ..its just getting from Holyhead in Wales to Folkestone, I'll fill up in dublin and fill an extra approved container.
            Last edited by Vultch; 29 March 2012, 11:27.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
              Well Llandudno (North Wales) has jumped on the band wagon, big queues at the pumps local garage restricting how much people can buy. So Vulch I'd carry the extra fuel if you can mate Holyhead and the rest of a55 garages will be same soon enough.

Aldi has some veg oil on offer this week, I'll go queue there instead.

Albannach is 100% right, it's the panic buying/hoarding that causes the shortage.

cal
              Thanks Carlos...just what I had feared

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Just read on sky news that Dorset police want all the petrol stations in the uk to tempory close due to panic buying wtf
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Not really wanting to get into the why the tanker drivers are THINKING of carrying out strike action ,that is a totally different matter.

I am going to break one of the few rules I have (a politics rule)

My hat goes off to the totally incompetent fcukwits who are "running"the country ,congratulations for starting and feeding the frenzy of the "fuel shortage".

Of course people will now go out and buy fuel,and if they are buying more than usual or filling up wheelie bins with the stuff then it will lead to shortages , the retailers will take time to catch up on a supposed 45% increase in fuel purchases in such a short time period .

Soap box now empty please feel free to rant.
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris W View Post
                    It's probably Cameron causing it on purpose, needing a nice fat cash injection for the government coffers.
                    Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Yup.
                      You cynics

There is no proof that the robbin' barstewards have raised an extra 32 million in extra duty
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                        You cynics

There is no proof that the robbin' barstewards have raised an extra 32 million in extra duty
                        That'll buy a few duck houses.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                          You cynics

80 million was the figure quoted on the 3pm news.

Comment

I'm buying my diesel next week, when the forecourts are empty and the prices have come down because everyone else has got 200 litres in the shed.

Comment

Originally posted by leighh View Post
                              I'm buying my diesel next week, when the forecourts are empty and the prices have come down because everyone else has got 200 litres in the shed.
                              Me too ha ha

Comment

Working...
                              X