Car stereo in import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skennedy2701
    Also there is a set of fog lights fitted with 2 lights in the front(neither works) and a backlight which does. The switch to control them is pathetic. .
    I had the same thing on my surf, if you have a look at the wires from the fog lights on the front, they should go to a relay in the engine bay.
    The wires on mine went to the relay BUT there was NO power to the relay.
    The switch inside the cab for the Fog Lights (is it a little round one?) only works the rear one as thats fitted for this country.
    I took the original lights of mine (my ex-surf I should be saying) and fitted new ones (x4 Large Spots ), powered up the relay and they worked off the Main Beam switch.

Hope Dave does not mind have attached a Pic of the lights fitted
    Attached Files
    NEVER REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE...REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVEN'T

Comment

Originally posted by civic888
      hi dabigone

thats good to know cause ive order a kenwood. so i dont have to change the bracket?
      which kenwood have you got?
      can you still put the surround over it?
      the surround supplied with the kenwood won't fit but the unit does look nice in there! with the faceplate off it's flush with the hole in the dash and with it on it sticks out just a bit.... hmm... hope that makes sense to you?!
      duno what model kenwood it is.
      make sure you get a good earth though otherwise it won't work!!
      i took a load of pics so i'll post them tomorrow!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

thats great dabigman, i know what you mean.
        i think that the one that i ordered is going to stick out quite abit, cause its the fancy one that hises its face. but hopefully it wont look too funny.

Comment

thats great dabigman, i know what you mean.
          i think that the one that i ordered is going to stick out quite abit, cause its the fancy one that hises its face. but hopefully it wont look too funny.
          i think they're all about the same size so it shouldn't be tooo bad...
          make sure you've got the right aerial connector too (i.e. male/female), i didn't and i've got to take it all apart again now!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

hi all
            while were on the subject of the cassette player, well the one that came with the car, is crap, and because i used to be a boy racer type person, i dismantled everything so to put a more modern player in. now i see there is one problem.
            as i was taken the dash out to get at the cassette player, i noticed that the dash cut out is just small enough to let the main face of the cassette player through. now on the modern players, it requires abit more space because of the surround that goes around the player, once installed.
            also point 2, when i unscrewed the cassette player out from the brackets, i realised that the new player needs to have holes in the right places inorder to use this bracket. i was thinking of changing this bracket, but it also holds the little compartment which goes underneath the player. and it will look odd if i took that out.

all i want to know is that, has anyone successfully installed a new player without having to mess around so much?
            YUP. i GOT ME MATE TO DO IT.
            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by skennedy2701
              The stereo in this car is one piece of junk. Radio cassette with a JVC CD Changer..
              Unlucky!!- mine came with top end Sony cassette / radio / autochanger. Radio I don't listen to much anyway - so the frequency shift does not bother me.

Look on the plus side- many people have been sold Surfs with TV's in (AS A SELLING POINT!!!) by dealers knowing full well that they will never work in the UK. Most people end up ripping them out eventually. Lesson- a Jap TV in an import Surf is a liabillity.

Comment

I don't mind too much about the radio as I don't use it much. What I have done is buy one of those cassette converters. I bought a cassette to Mini-disc converter kit which I will use temporarily. It cost £16 fro Comet and allows you to use a cassette player to connect to an external mobile device like an MD or CD player. It works and will do me till I invest in a completely new Audio system.
                Stephen

1992 SSR-X Grey 2.4 TD Automatic

Comment

Working...
                X