No announcement yet.

Milners head fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I thought I would post an update about the milners heads. I have just got backdrop a 3000 mile trip in the truck through Europe and Italy. We went to the Austrian alps and went up to around 2500 feet on mountain roads with a full truck including and extra 100 ltrs of veg oil. Managed to get the at temp light on so the truck was hot, we covered around 800 km per day before stopping in Umbria Italy for the week, drove to Pisa and back, Florence and Rome. On the way back we stuck to the toll roads though France. The truck did not miss a beat, on one trip we got 600 k out of a tank of fuel just sticking to 65 mph.

One thing I will say is I have a garmin sat nav and the friends I was traveling with had a Tom Tom, they were getting to destinations sometime two hours befor us the Tom Tom seemed to plan the routes much better I am going to take it back to halfords and see if they can explain it, the settings on both were the same.

So, milners heads seem ok,
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Sometimes a gamble can pay off, What will be interesting to see is the longevity of the Milners head against the Roughtrax head. I fitted a Roughtrax one around Nov last year, Upto the present it has covered about 2.5k and seems perfectly fine, I did get a little bit paronoid about the coolant level as it would drop to an inch below the max line in the expansion bottle, As time has gone on and i stopped topping it up to the line and let it settle to it's own level it has never dropped any further.
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

update

Just an update. Done another 2000. mile trip through Europe with no probelms at all. The coolent level when cold has not changed and the truck perfrmed perectly. So the milners head, so far, is doing well.
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Nice Job, Collin. Hope you're keeping well down there mate. You should pop in and say hello for a cuppa. Although I'm back in Oz.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I had a similar experience with a roughtrax head but they sorted it out and sent a replacement. perhaps dealing with same suppliers?
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I know they sell cheap chinese heads for the Shoguns/pajeros which is why I got mine from Roughtrax. It was good of them to refund you for the labour.

Comment

Working...
              X