Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a genset on trailer for this lamp

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
    The one as quoted is six milliion candle power and very impessive, with filter or not .
    Heavy duty lamping
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by night trunker View Post
      Heavy duty lamping
      Jesus, do you use that to alert batman.

If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Long way 'round View Post
        Anti hunt campaigners being ignorant of Fox hunting with lamps. On average 1 in 10 hound hunts end with a kill. While lamping Foxes many more that 1 Fox is killed in any one night.

To be fair to the anti hunt campaigners – they promote lamping as an effective method of dealing with foxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          If the thread title had mentioned that it was about killing rabbits, those of us who disagree with it or don't like the idea of it, wouldn't have read it.
          To be fair, its a pretty universally used term in general, you must have had a sheltered education

Thread titles are going to extremely long and boring if we have to cover every eventuality for misunderstanding.

Sorry if you got upset Andy, but its been an interesting thread in general. I had you down as a roughty toughty outdoorsy person actually.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Surely its more humane than spreading MIXY amongst them,they need culling as they do untold damage around farms and country properties.
            I have a friend who used to like them until they undermined his house extension causing subsidence and eventually the collapse of very expensive conservatory. He now spends hours sat in wood the back of his place picking off any bunny not wise to how he feels and feeds bodys to next doors rotweiller. Or at least those he doesnt eat.
            Last edited by Andy Pandy; 27 February 2012, 10:17. Reason: Incorrect spelling

Comment

Originally posted by JamesG View Post
              To be fair to the anti hunt campaigners – they promote lamping as an effective method of dealing with foxes.
              Didn't know that. It's always in the manifesto isn't it.

Comment

10 pages and no one said it??? Anybody? Ok I'll do it! Be vewwy vewwy quiet I'm hunting wabbits huhuhuhuhuhu.... Meah wassup doc?? I'll get me coat!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveHMS View Post
                  Blimey this has got a bit emotive. Each is entitled to their opinion though.

Vermin control, like it or not, has to be undertaken. I don't get any particular kick out of shooting animals but I enjoy eating them & being out hunting.
                  I shoot rabbit with headshots using hollowpoint .22LR, the animals die instantly. They're prepped for the pot/freezer in the field, unless they are mixi, in which case they are buried.

Andy, Hunting with bows n' arras is an absolute no-no legally & morally, for good reason - it's almost impossible to achieve a clean kill.

Whilst on the subject of shooting, does anyone on the forum use a .243 Howa?
                  If so, any comments on the gun would be appreciated.
                  I can recommend my .243 Remmington SPS very nice gun. Anyone else on here owns an hmr17 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                    I can recommend my .243 Remmington SPS very nice gun. Anyone else on here owns an hmr17 ?
                    Nope, the awesome destructive power of a .17 hmr is to much for many people .
                    To be be fair there are quite often times where the .17 is a better choice than the .22 but a lot of the time the gun shops tend to stock up on more .22 making the .17 not as readily available, least ways, down here anyway.
                    Neal

Comment

• Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                      Nope, the awesome destructive power of a .17 hmr is to much for many people .
                      To be be fair there are quite often times where the .17 is a better choice than the .22 but a lot of the time the gun shops tend to stock up on more .22 making the .17 not as readily available, least ways, down here anyway.
                      Quite right Neal very destructive indeed. And as you said a better Gun to use for long range targets 200 yards plus, also if there is a risk of ricochet as the bullet fragments on impact not like a lump of lead pinging around. Saying that .22 moderated sub is nice and quite, not like the boom of the hmr.

I am off shortly with the hmr after Crows on my shoot some long range shooting as its not to windy here at moe.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                        To be fair, its a pretty universally used term in general, you must have had a sheltered education

Thread titles are going to extremely long and boring if we have to cover every eventuality for misunderstanding.

Sorry if you got upset Andy, but its been an interesting thread in general. I had you down as a roughty toughty outdoorsy person actually.
                        I'd never heard the expression 'lamping' as a way to stun/immobilise an animal before it's shot (seems a bit unfair to me). I am a reasonably roughty toughty outdoorsy bloke, I've just never got in to killing things :P

Anyway, I'm doing my DA thing, as I always do in threads like this.

Maybe we should have a hunting section?
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

got a 17HMR, as well as a couple of .22s and a .223. i prefair the 22 for lamping because it,s so quite, but the .17 has the range and lazer trajectory .but a bit on the loud side

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            I'd never heard the expression 'lamping' as a way to stun/immobilise an animal before it's shot (seems a bit unfair to me). I am a reasonably roughty toughty outdoorsy bloke, I've just never got in to killing things :P
                            It's like I said earlier, its not about sport or giving it a chance, the Bunny has got to die in my situation, its no different to killing a wasp nest in the roof, setting mouse traps, etc.. its vermin. Anything that makes a clean quick kill is good in my book.

Mr Thumpy is in no danger outside our field boundarys from us, he can happy live on and look cute, but inside he's in trouble. We've chicken wired virtually the whole fence line in an effort to keep them out, if they can't take a hint they have it coming..

Good Idea. Seems to be quite a cross over between hunting and Surf owners.
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post

No it does not stun or immobilise animals, Rabbits and Foxes of the like tend to feed or hunt at night. The lamp is a way of lighting them up so they can be seen. As I mentioned earlier on some of my shoots where they get used to bright white light I will clip a red lense/filter onto the lamp this tends to make them less startled and nervous of the light. Hope this explains a bit better the way we lamp.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Russian View Post
                                got a 17HMR, as well as a couple of .22s and a .223. i prefair the 22 for lamping because it,s so quite, but the .17 has the range and lazer trajectory .but a bit on the loud side
                                I totally agree, just took a shot from inside the Truck and ears still ringing..

Comment

Working...
                                X