No announcement yet.

For Members who lamp bunnies etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At some stage of their life, everyone has, or will want to shoot and kill something.
    Just to see what it feels like. We are hunters by instinct.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
      At some stage of their life, everyone has, or will want to shoot and kill something.
      Just to see what it feels like. We are hunters by instinct.
      Dat's tru dat is...
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

'seasy - if a thread hasn't been resolved within 20 posts it's fair game (Especially in General !)

Aren't .243's useful for murdering Bambi's without totally destroying the meat ?

Yep .243's are for larger game where as .22 is for bunnies, crows, magpies, squirrels "grey" not red, rats & so on.

A .22 will still kill you stone dead though, even at a good distance.
        Oh & I would like to add that this is not through experience.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

That's where I'd get it wrong - I don't understand the concept of overkill ...

7.62 for bunnys, .50 or solid 12 gauge for anything bigger

In the early 80's a mate of mine used to sign his 12 bore out of the armoury at the weekends to go bunnying on the ranges but he always used to slip his .357 magnum Colt into the gunsleeve ... He never used the shotgun only the Colt - he reckoned it gave them a sporting chance !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            Anyone gone out mugging old ladies...it's a great fun sport, and the handbags are usually crammed with cash!
            Your nearest old lady to mug is a 200 mile drive away though.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I don't understand the concept of overkill ...
              We got this guy to get some bunnies for us on the Plain...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-tvAdyRuDQ&noredirect=1
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

That's where I'd get it wrong - I don't understand the concept of overkill ...
                I have a neighbour like that. He has among other stuff a Zastava M84.

Makes a great noise at New Year.

Comment

A sporting chance would be to fire one into the air, then one on target.
                  If I was a bunny, I'd say that was fair game...
                  If I was hungry, I'd say I'd wasted a round...
                  It's all about perspective.
                  "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                  www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

There's nothing sporting about it, if you want sport go target shooting and blast away till your heart or ego is content.

This is about vermin control, kill them fast and cleanly, you owe anything living that at least if you decide they in your way.

I don't like it, whether its a rat, fox, bunny, one of our chickens for the pot or even the cow or pig we've fed and looked after before its butchered. But I'll do because we owe it to the meat we eat to look after it and treat it right, and even the pests are still living things so don't deserve pain even if they have to be killed.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                      A sporting chance would be to fire one into the air, then one on target.
                      If I was a bunny, I'd say that was fair game...
                      If I was hungry, I'd say I'd wasted a round...
                      It's all about perspective.
                      Off topic slightly but when i watch the news & you see these people in other countries firing guns in the air in celebration or anger i always think to myself that the bullet has to come down at some point & when there are 3 or 4 hundred rounds being fired i can't help but think that someone is going to be unlucky & get one in the head when they land.
                      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question281.htm

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                          Off topic slightly but when i watch the news & you see these people in other countries firing guns in the air in celebration or anger i always think to myself that the bullet has to come down at some point & when there are 3 or 4 hundred rounds being fired i can't help but think that someone is going to be unlucky & get one in the head when they land.
                          That's why it's best to slightly tilt in the direction of a BMW owner and hope to score a few dents on his car.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                            There's nothing sporting about it, if you want sport go target shooting and blast away till your heart or ego is content.

This is about vermin control, kill them fast and cleanly, you owe anything living that at least if you decide they in your way.

I don't like it, whether its a rat, fox, bunny, one of our chickens for the pot or even the cow or pig we've fed and looked after before its butchered. But I'll do because we owe it to the meat we eat to look after it and treat it right, and even the pests are still living things so don't deserve pain even if they have to be killed.
                            Sums it up nicely

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Long way 'round View Post

a case in point are the Tamworth Two (still alive down the road from me).
                              http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-pig-dies.html

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                                Can't say about the Howa as I've not used one but Howa are well known for their accuracy, a Tikka .243 on the other hand, I can vouch for, very good all round rifle, why .243 just out of curiosity?
                                Hi Neal
                                I have a mate in the Pershaw area that has a reasonable area of shoot, with some deer control involved, hence .243.
                                It remains to be seen how I stomach the gralloching though - bunny & chicken is one thing, knee deep in deer internals may be another. If I want venison in the freezer I'd better get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X