For Members who lamp bunnies etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But rabbit is so tasty

I buy them from our local butcher - someone else shoots them locally - but if I felt like going off and doing it myself, I'd have no problem with it, and if I could make it easier for myself by stunning them, I would.

Mainly cos I'm a crap shot
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I strongly disagree with "bloodsports", but as a meat eater, I don't have a problem with anyone killing an animal quickly and cleanly for food.......As long as the primary motive is EATING and not just KILLING........
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

1, I shoot on farms where rabbits are eating everything in sight.

2, I never shoot babies "I'm not a total tw@t".

3, I only take the rabbit out if I have a clear head shot.

4, All the rabbits are eaten, either give away or sold depending on how many we shoot, on an average night it's around 25.

5, If people like me didn't shoot them the farmer would hire someone to go in the field & pump chemicals down the warrens causing a slow painful death.

6, If you don't like rabbits being shot then don't read a thread that is to do with killing rabbits.

7, That is all.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I know you are a busy bloke Si , but would you be available for some rabbit clearing ? we are literally over-run i think we have incomers since the new build houses started spreading out, we have had a few cowboys lately, doesn't do well with the locals
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
            1, I shoot on farms where rabbits are eating everything in sight.

2, I never shoot babies "I'm not a total tw@t".

3, I only take the rabbit out if I have a clear head shot.

4, All the rabbits are eaten, either give away or sold depending on how many we shoot, on an average night it's around 25.

5, If people like me didn't shoot them the farmer would hire someone to go in the field & pump chemicals down the warrens causing a slow painful death.

6, If you don't like rabbits being shot then don't read a thread that is to do with killing rabbits.

7, That is all.
            you might like this fella's evenings work (found on a ferret forum just in case anybody is squeamish about small furry critters)

http://www.ferretsforum.co.uk/forum/....php?tid=25958

Comment

There's nothing in this thread's title to suggest it's about killing defenceless rabbits.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                There's nothing in this thread's title to suggest it's about killing defenceless rabbits.
                Come on Andy, lamping bunnies means only one thing.

Unless people think its a thread about punching them in the face.

Comment

I like to 'lamp' bunnies from behind.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Come on Andy, lamping bunnies means only one thing.

Unless people think its a thread about punching them in the face.
                    I honestly didn't make the connection, I thought it was TIC, bit didn't spot the dead rabbit thing...

Comment

Why do people think everyone gets off on killing, we shoot bunnies cos they are out control around here digging huge warrens that are a danger to the horses legs and eat all the grass and everything else in sight.

We or the dogs eat the bunnies we shoot, very few get wasted

They get dispatched as quickly and humanely as possible, its not 'fun'.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Andy likes this type of thread

Comment

Anyone tried lamping slugs? I even give them a 30 second head start, just to be fair....

If we were talking ugly critters here, or rats, vermin and the like, would the bunny lovers still be as pasionate? I think not.

But, I do agree that killing anything "just for fun" is just plain wrong. There must be something totally wired up wrong in your brain if you think killing another animal is "fun"
                          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                            Anyone tried lamping slugs? I even give them a 30 second head start, just to be fair....

If we were talking ugly critters here, or rats, vermin and the like, would the bunny lovers still be as pasionate? I think not.

But, I do agree that killing anything "just for fun" is just plain wrong. There must be something totally wired up wrong in your brain if you think killing another animal is "fun"
                            I agree, I wouldn't call it fun but more of a sport/pest control that I enjoy.
                            You can't beat sat in the truck in the middle of nowhere with not a soul in sight & total piece & quiet.

Some nights you might not even fire a shot but you come home relaxed & stress free.

Comment

Watership Down

Youve read the book
                              Youve seen the movie
                              You loved the song ( bright eyes)

Now try the stew.
                              Сви можемо

Comment

in the middle of nowhere with not a soul in sight & total piece & quiet.
                                Just like night beach fishing on your own.

I used to take a hip flask of scotch with me (beach 20 mins walk from house so didn't need car) and frequently be quite lax about changing my bait because just sitting there contemplating the moonlight on the water was as pleasurable as catching the next evening meal!

It was fun, even though it resulted in killing. Does that make me a bad person, or is it only cute furry food we are squeamish about?
                                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                                X