Bar stewards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar stewards!

I must live in a bad area. Last night someone stole both wing mirror casings and the passenger mirror glass from my mums Astra (motability vehicle, whilst parked in a disabled bay)! What kind of scum bag does this in the first place let alone to a dis-abled person.

She reported it to the police who then told her she must not drive the vehicle as it will be illegal on public roads. I get home to find that the driver mirror is there so as far as I am aware this is perfectly legal? She's been walking out in the rain as shes been too worried to drive it. This is the second time someone has stole the mirror casings.

I'm in the process of fitting up security cameras (only £50 from Ebuyer); But they've beaten me.

All that is required to be legal is the drivers mirror, is this correct? Right now all that is missing is the passenger mirror.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

How's she going to drive your Surf while you're away?

Don't let anyone tell you Croydon is a bad area.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

She's going to give the Astra back and I'll cover the insurance on mine. Is that what you meant mate?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
        She's going to give the Astra back and I'll cover the insurance on mine. Is that what you meant mate?
        What I meant was how will she drive the Surf? Is it adapted for motability?
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

A motability vehicle is simply a vehicle leased by the Motability company. She does not need any special adaptions to be able to drive.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

You are required to have two rear mirrors, either drivers side and interior rear, or two door mirrors.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              I must live in a bad area. Last night someone stole both wing mirror casings and the passenger mirror glass from my mums Astra (motability vehicle, whilst parked in a disabled bay)! What kind of scum bag does this in the first place let alone to a dis-abled person.

She reported it to the police who then told her she must not drive the vehicle as it will be illegal on public roads. I get home to find that the driver mirror is there so as far as I am aware this is perfectly legal? She's been walking out in the rain as shes been too worried to drive it. This is the second time someone has stole the mirror casings.

I'm in the process of fitting up security cameras (only £50 from Ebuyer); But they've beaten me.

All that is required to be legal is the drivers mirror, is this correct? Right now all that is missing is the passenger mirror.
              Probably some scrot um Tony, saw a couple of candidates today (Corsa & Saxo) with door mirrors dandling just waiting for a transplant of someone else's motor ....

10+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks for that Maverick.
                And most likely Jess. She see someone run off with the last one. Each time this happens the insurance company want the £75 excess per incident. Even if we get it all fixed at once we have to pay the separate lots of £75
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                X