auto box brake band adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    I've pulled a surf auto 'box apart and there is nothing to adjust. The clutch band settings are set and locked.
    The electrical connections that are part of the loom are speed sensor, solenoids, ATF temp and gear position sensor.

If you can get all gears normally and manually but no overdrive then it's either the ECT ECU or the O/D switch thats at fault.

I have a couple of ECT ECUs here if you want to try them.
    sorry to be a pain but could you tell me which is which going to be under the truck later and what to reseat one by one to see if one or any resolve the problem

thanks for all your help so far everyone

cheers

Comment

Hi Jon
      Did the TPS arrive mate? I know it's wishfull thinking with Royal Mail but, you never know!
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
        Hi Jon
        Did the TPS arrive mate? I know it's wishfull thinking with Royal Mail but, you never know!
        not yet mate will probably be monday (if I'm lucky lol)

cheers mate

Comment

OK guys so heres an update

took drivers side wheel off as would not free wheel spent 3 hours getting pads out outside pad came out dead easy after evetually freeing bottom pin

but engine side pad was stuck solid eventually got it out and new pads in

no chhh chhh chhhh noise (low wear indictators not yet proud of disk surface)
          no shudder
          no pulling
          brakes MUCH more responsive

as an added bonus my geabox issues also seem to have been resolved WOOOHOO as no problem for over a week can only assume gearbox was sensing load from stuck brake

however just thought I would cycle through low4 gears just to cycle oil but this has brought my gear problems back straight away

I'm thinking maybe an issue with the ADD system does anyone have any thoughts

thanks for all you help so far i know it must be something stupid as problems for months , fix brakes and goes away for a week no flashing O/D light or anything, then put it in low couple of meters back and forth in a straight line and gear probs back

can anyone think of a link I'm thinking ADD or VAC problem has anyone done the ADD mod with the jubliee clip I'm thinking maybe its engaging 4wd as will pull away in 4wd without issue but not disengaging correctly (put all drive should be coming from rear wheels when 4wd disengaged)

cheers guys

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            I've pulled a surf auto 'box apart and there is nothing to adjust. The clutch band settings are set and locked.
            The electrical connections that are part of the loom are speed sensor, solenoids, ATF temp and gear position sensor.

If you can get all gears normally and manually but no overdrive then it's either the ECT ECU or the O/D switch thats at fault.

I have a couple of ECT ECUs here if you want to try them.
            Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            Just went out to check on an old box and Vince has posted what I was going to say.

If its not the solonoids or ECU then there's not much else to do with it apart from get another one.

!

Comment

Why do I have this feeling of deja vu ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
              X