No announcement yet.

auto box brake band adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might be onto something here as it's nearly always ok after a good run on the motorway or when its been booted

cheers
    Last edited by BAV1; 20 January 2012, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      I've pulled a surf auto 'box apart and there is nothing to adjust. The clutch band settings are set and locked.
      The electrical connections that are part of the loom are speed sensor, solenoids, ATF temp and gear position sensor.

If you can get all gears normally and manually but no overdrive then it's either the ECT ECU or the O/D switch thats at fault.

I have a couple of ECT ECUs here if you want to try them.
      once I'm up to speed everything is fine just have to manually shift from L,2,D with smoke (due to over fuel I suspect) to get there until I go up this hill then OK for the rest of the way to work (most of the time)

Comment

This is probably a stupid suggestion but here goes! try another throttle position sensor, i'm not convinced it will be but, as has been mentioned in previous threads they do throw up some obscure faults that are a PITA to figure out.

Just found this in the search..
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...osition+sensor
        Last edited by tonupteabag; 20 January 2012, 16:24.
        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
          This is probably a stupid suggestion but here goes! try another throttle position sensor, i'm not convinced it will be but, as has been mentioned in previous threads they do throw up some obscure faults that are a PITA to figure out.
          cheers mate do you know where this is situated

I'm trying to establish common triggers that get it working and so far the only one is after a long run or a high revs as if its a blockage

not convinced its a hardware fault based on the interaction

cheers for everyone's comments much appreciated please keep them coming

Comment

its on the side of the throttle body as you look from the front there is a black box with a multi plug attached to the T/B it's pretty easy to spot ..

Comment

its on the side of the throttle body as you look from the front there is a black box with a multi plug attached to the T/B it's pretty easy to spot ..
              the black thing in this image
              Attached Files

Comment

Yup thats the one

Comment

Yup thats the one
                  mmm been looking at that for ages though it was to do with glow plugs for some reason

don't suppose any one local to bury has TPS I could borrow for a quick test

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    IIRC there is also an inhibit, that stops the box changing until the fluid is warm. TonyN will be along to put me right.
                    Wouldn't dream of it. You scare me....

:pmsl:
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1 View Post
                      mmm been looking at that for ages though it was to do with glow plugs for some reason

don't suppose any one local to bury has TPS I could borrow for a quick test

cheers
                      I have one but i don't know if it's working 100% it was on my old 2.4 which drove fine all gears were as they should be, cover the postage and i'll send it up if it works we'll sort it later if not well nowt lost.

Comment

how much are we talking mate only got £1.17 in my account until payday damn January and MOT next week

cheers

Comment

i'll post it hopefully tomorrow we'll sort it when you have money mate it's no big deal i will need your address though.
                          my email is
                          let me know when you have my email so i can delete it again.
                          Last edited by tonupteabag; 20 January 2012, 17:19.

Comment

got the address mate will email you the address thanks mate will sort you out on payday if thats OK

cheers

Comment

yeah mate it's fine don't worry about it, at the end of the day it's not going to cause economic collapse

Comment

lol cheers don't forget to delete your email

Comment

Working...
                                X