Modular Steel wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modular Steel wheels

Does anyone know any firm selling 16 x 10 standard black modular steel wheels?

Can find tons for the Landys but none in 6 stud.

Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Have you tried these guys?

http://www.silverlinewheels-tyres.com/4x4/wheels/steel

Comment

JCS Wheels and tyres has some at the mo

I had a spare off him the other day - about the only place i could find who has 16 x 10 in stock

Comment

The JCS ones are 4 for £279, which is pretty pricey. Have mailed Silverline to see what they are priced at, so fingers corssed!

Cheers guys
        Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

the trouble is the 6x139 jap fitment are pricey..

everyone i tried calling the other day had 16 x 8 or 15 x 10 jcs was th eon ly place..

but he did me a deal on a tyre and rim together so it wasnt too bad

Comment

Yeah - Am looking to put 305 70 16s on them and have been told by most that they'd just fit the 8" width rims but not ideal, better to go for the 10"s.

Saying that, my tyre order has just been cancelled as out of stock, so I could just go for a 285 75 16 on an 8" rim. Prob wouldn't be much difference, If I could squeeze them on.... I only want to do a 2" sus and 2" body lift max.

Comment

what tyres ar eyou wanting?

i've got 305/70/16 in gg at2's on mine, 16 x 10

all from JCS - does a deal if you buy the lot..

2" sus lift and 2" body lift..

Comment

I had quite lot of rubbing with my 285 75s on my 3rd gen (2" sus, 2" body). Had to hammer the pinch weld back, and I still reckon it'll rub a bit offroad - not sure I'd fancy the extra width of 305 70s personally.

Comment

i do some tough off roading, the rears catch slightly when on full twist

the fronts rubbed every so slightly where the mudflaps bolt in, but not much at all, the main issue was the front , where the bumper edge finishes, so have chopped off a section there..

my mate has exactly the same sus set up but went with 285/75/16 KL71's and he catches in exactly the same places

Comment

Originally posted by leighh View Post
                    This is the place I got mine from, 8x15's.....with 31/10.5/15 muds for £525 all in.

Comment

Yeah, was thinking the same - GG At2's 305/70/16, but will be for a 3rd gen.

Ps - Sweet looking ride by the way, did you coat your wheels or are they as bought?

Originally posted by lawsy View Post
                      what tyres ar eyou wanting?

i've got 305/70/16 in gg at2's on mine, 16 x 10

all from JCS - does a deal if you buy the lot..

2" sus lift and 2" body lift..

Last edited by Shaft120; 8 January 2012, 16:51.

Comment

Hmm

Would the extra width make any difference, or was the rub because of the height? And could you tell straight away or only after running with them under load?

Am not too fussed about getting some hammering cutting to fit but would want it done at the time of fitting rather than finding out later and having to do it then.!

Originally posted by leighh View Post
                        I had quite lot of rubbing with my 285 75s on my 3rd gen (2" sus, 2" body). Had to hammer the pinch weld back, and I still reckon it'll rub a bit offroad - not sure I'd fancy the extra width of 305 70s personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaft120 View Post
                          Yeah, was thinking the same - GG At2's 305/70/16, but will be for a 3rd gen.

Ps - Sweet looking ride by the way, did you coat your wheels or are they as bought?
                          cheers

yeah, they are as bought.. on gunmetal mods tho, he now only has them in black with d shaped holes isntead of circular

for a set of 4 with tyres, fitted n balanced ready to fit he'd be about £800 so not bad when buying as a set..

Comment

Ok

Quick update..

I got quotes back from JCS and Silverline.

JCS will do:

Five 305s on 16" x 10" GG AT2s for £1085
                            or
                            Five 285s on 16" x 8" GG AT2s for £979
                            or
                            Five 285s on 16" x 8" BFGs for £1085

Silverline will do:

Five 305s on 16" x 10" Cooper ATRs for £1045

Five 16" x 10" D modular wheels on their own for £354

Unfortunately Silverline don't appear to stock GG's or Kumho or BFG. Not sure about the Coopers, but they look a bit naff: http://cooper4x4tyres.co.uk/tyres/atr

I'm still unsure on wether to get the 285s over the 305s. Would prefer the extra width, as the actress said to the Bishop, but am now thinking I could try and squeeze them onto an 8" wheel.

I have until roughtrax get their lift kits in stock to decide. Which they tell me should be in the next week...

Comment

305's will be too wide for an 8 inch rim. If you like steering jelly with a satelite delay, then go for it...
                              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                              X