No announcement yet.

Ski/Board Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea IS interesting BUT she is somewhat petite - she usually wears clothes for 13 year olds so anybody paying undue attention to her may well get dragged away by a mob of vigilantes!

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

as sancho says decathlon ,,,no offense intended to you bob or family ,my advice was she gets cold she loses intrest in new hobby ,,as for richard hes mind is like sewer which is overflowing with sewage
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I have a 686 jacket, it's amazingly good. Waterproof, breathable and warm.

Vans boots, uber comfy and got the ratchet wheel instead of laces which is a blessing.

Can't remember what make my trousers are but i like em.

What uni is it? I may know of somewhere/someone in [uni] snowsports club to direct them to.
        Still Can't believe I own a Hilux

Comment

Should probably mention I am a student too
          Still Can't believe I own a Hilux

Comment

Dont scrimp on the gloves either - these heated ones are fab - and definately a snow skirt on the jacket - spend so much time on your rear (well I do anyway). Also a helmet - seen some nasty head injuries, in most places you can hire these.

If you want to put her off - give her a taster weekend in Scotland on sheet ice - gauranteed to change her mind.

Comment

It'll take more than you lot to offend me - but don't take that as a challenge

Katie's at DMU Leicester and is a member of Demon Snow and Board (I think). As I understand it a helmet and gloves are mandatory and TBH I've no intention of trying to dissuade her - up to now her idea of exercise is getting out of bed to raid the fridge !

She's had loads of advice from her friends in Demon but as I don't know them at all I regard their advice as suspect until proven otherwise. Rental of board and boots is included in the package so it's really just about clothing, helmet and goggles.

She says that she'll need two pairs of sapolettes but won't need a baselayer, she's also been advised to get either reactolite goggles or a spare lens with a different level of tint - I'm not sure that a beginner would actually need that (And I'm sure reactolites will be damned expensive !)

Any further comments gratefully received

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
              X