L@@K Transl@t@r Reqd.L@@K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
    I would have preferred it if you had thrown abuse at me instead!

Otherwise what's the point?

If abuse was what you was after if do apologise,one would assume as in between these posts I am struggling to make up the brake line for my truck that I would be in a bad mood alas unless I am due for a William Foster style breakdown I shall carry on regardless smiling on the outside......
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      How does one type with a dialect?

I'm Glaswegian, to make my point using one of those two words; if you say Glaswegian, you'll pronounce differently from me. The spelling of the word doesn't change.

Anyway, Frank's problem isn't that he's Glaswegian ...

Does Frank really type ? I was under the impression that the posts were created by random strikes on the keyboard?
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by frontman View Post
        Yorkshire
        That was random.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Me too!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

How does one type with a dialect?
            Like this.

People really do talk like that around here. Thankfully I never ended up with a strong local accent even though I was born and grew up here. During my school days however, I did get the p1ss taken quite mercilessly because of my, at times, rather odd accent. (My dad is from somewhere between Motherwell & Glasgow & my mum was from near Halifax in Yorkshire).

Comment

That's not a dialect, to someone not from Stoke, that's just a different way of spelling and punctuating.

I could read those words out loud, but it wouldn't sound anything remotely like it would if a local were to orate them. Dialect is more about accent and pronunciation than it is about spelling and punctuation.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Say this without sounding brummie then...

All royt am yer? R bostin.
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

That's not a dialect, to someone not from Stoke, that's just a different way of spelling and punctuating.

I could read those words out loud, but it wouldn't sound anything remotely like it would if a local were to orate them. Dialect is more about accent and pronunciation than it is about spelling and punctuation.
                  I was thinking more the local "words" as much as anything. Things like nesh (susceptibility to the cold) and nogger (football) that are peculiar to the area around here although thinking about it again now, that is more of a different language than a dialect.

From when I lived on Tyneside I remember a few things I used to hear now & again that were fairly similar (Wor geordie lost his liggie doon tha nettie, etc)
                  Last edited by Rustinho; 13 November 2011, 01:11.

Comment

Working...
                  X